The Student Room Group

Do Vegetarians eat meat/BBQ flavoured crisps?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jellybean91
Well yeh of course!! If you're against the slaughter of animals, you're not exactly gonna go wear a suede jacket or buy a new leather sofa!

It doesn't have to be slaughtered to get leather from it. Or gelatine for that matter.
Original post by Sammydemon
It doesn't have to be slaughtered to get leather from it. Or gelatine for that matter.

They're hardly gonna sit and wait for the cow to die...
They're hardly gonna sit and wait for the cow to die...

They could do though. They sit and wait for wine to mature.
Original post by Sammydemon
They could do though. They sit and wait for wine to mature.

But they don't sit and wait for the grapes to fall off the vines... and a cow will live for an undetermined amount of time... and anyway, who wants leather from a wrinkly old cow?
But they don't sit and wait for the grapes to fall off the vines... and a cow will live for an undetermined amount of time... and anyway, who wants leather from a wrinkly old cow?

I'm almost certain that leather from an old cow is pretty much the same as from a young one. Their hide is not like human skin.
But for ethical reasons they could wait for the cows to die naturally. The supply and then demand would fall as man made alternatives are used and improved.
Original post by minimus777
When i read this i was like 'wtf, vegetarians aren't doing it for the attention :mad:', but then i thought of about four of my friends who eat meat when they think no one is watching and just like the label of vegetarian, so i guess you're right, some do do it for the attention :rolleyes:

I know lots of people who does it as a symbol of 'being different' and having some kind of moral superiority above us all even though their choice has no moral foundation whatsoever.
they dont eat cheese and onion? they dont know what theyre missing!
Original post by Melting Sugar.
They have geletine (sp?) (crushed animal bones) in them :fyi:

I'm vegetarian and eat them though but i'm not 100% vegetarian for ethical reasons, more lifestyle, dietary and environmental reasons.

I don't eat meat/bbq flavoured crisps, but that's because they are nasty tasting!

I don't eat meat flavoured crisps but the bbq ones :drool:

Haven't had those in a long time :sexface:
Reply 48
I don't eat meat, and would never want to, so why would I want to eat something which is meant to taste like it?
I certainly don't.
As a vegan, I eat Walker's prawn cocktail flavour crisps. They are amazing. I just hope they don't mess with the recipe any time soon and add milk or anything to them. :smile:
I've been one for about 9 years and these days its just because I've never liked the texture and couldn't bring myself to eat it. It is hard to change out of once you're so used to it as someone else said - I'm a naughty veg as I eat unsuitable crisps and jelly etc! But I like the flavouring of the crisps so it's mainly a texture issue.
Original post by connor ellis
Lots of them do it for attention, so if it gets them attention then they probably would abstain from crisps as well. The fact that some don't eat cheese and onion says it all. When will they stop? Not eating in restaurants that serve meat?

what you're saying actually makes no sense.
I eat meaty crisps! Cheese & onion crisps used to not be suitable for veggies cos they use rennet in the cheese flavouring, but I think Walkers have changed the recipe now. I'm mainly veggie cos I don't like the texture of meat, so meat-flavoured stuff like crisps is fine by me.
Reply 54
I'm not really vegetarian.I don't have meat and chicken but I do have seafood ( very picky though..i can only have tuna,kingfish,shrimps and crab)
I wouldn't have chicken/beef/pork flavored chips but I do have BBQ flavored chips :smile: ( I check the ingredients and it's artificial flavoring?)
I do
I am a vegetarian and my sister is a vegan and we both do.

Quick Reply