The Student Room Group

Made in Chelsea

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lex Talionis
Character analysis for season 3 so far (from what the producers and editors have portrayed to us):

Caggie: I always thought Spencer was more into her than she was into him, she just likes the attention from him (mentioned in season 2 where she whined about Spencer placing his attention elsewhere and taking him/his attention for granted) and he is fairly good looking so she thought, 'hey' why not sleep with him. The fact she didn't bat an eyelid at going away to Australia AND didn't want any communication with Spencer/anyone says it all.

Spencer: I wonder what he thinks of his portrayal on the show. He is definitely being made to seem like the alpha male who needs to have all his cakes and eat them all. I don't particularly like the way he has treated Jamie and Louise. As a viewer, it really seems like he is competing to win Louise just because he can, rather than because he loves her. There are too many inconsistencies to deny that e.g. he broke it off with Louise. He literally started 'liking' her again when he knew Jamie wanted to make a go of it and Caggie had left by now. The 'lying' about 'sleeping' with Louise, to try and insinuate to Jamie that something more was going on than in reality. I know his face was quivering after Louise rejected him but I think that was more a bruise to his ego rather than his heart breaking.

Louise: I like her, she doesn't bitch about the other girls, she doesn't play petty mind-games. A solid character.

Jamie: Proving to be very lovable and down-to-earth this series. Every group needs a fun-loving energiser like Jamie in their friendship circles :smile: not sure if he and Louise will last, but would prefer Jamie or Spencer any day.

Kimberly: Erm. Not sure what's really going on with this girl here or how the producers are trying to play her. Sure she's really good looking but she is blatantly uninterested in any of the guys on MiC and it is just cringe-worthy to watch them all ask her out only to be shot down or given a 'let's be friends' excuse. Either she gets this a lot in real-life and she resorts to this default phrase to stave off the deluge of men or else there's something a little un-nerving about her - her super cheery bubbly exterior that won't really let anyone get close to her.

Cheska/Gabby/Rich: Just what even with this storyline. I just don't even know. I gather that Gabby likes/liked Rich because she didn't want Cheska to 'deface' the memories she had with him. And when she realised Rich didn't like her in the same way at sushi dinner, she saved face by saying she also only wanted to be friends with him also (not convinced this is the truth from Gabby).

Millie/Rosie: I felt really sorry for Millie during season 2 but I do think she's milking the victim status for far too long now. If I was Rosie, I doubt I could be bothered any more. It's no friendship if Millie is holding Rosie in debt for the rest of their lives for a kiss.

Francis B: ROFL love this character. The bumbling idiot. His awkwardness with girls. His intern! But he is very natural and endearing so he is a rather unique and wonderful character to add to the MiC mix.

Proudlock: Very cool chilled guy, we've yet to see him in a vulnerable/emotional position at the moment but for now, he seems like the 'wise' member of the MiC circles. People go to him for objective advice.

Ollie: ROFL love this guy. He's quite ridiculous but in the most hilarious way. His vanity. His Union Jack obsession really is quite something. I feel him and Jamie are the most natural personalities on the show, the way he converses with other characters is quite witty and sharp. Isn't afraid to tell it like it is. MiC wouldn't be the same without him.

For those of you with Spotify, I have been updating the soundtrack playlist as the new episodes have been airing :smile:
http://open.spotify.com/user/foxxefire/playlist/3658otNDW0xu7uhNIZYsgo

will give you pos when i can, cause that it effort right there! thanks for spotify too, willl download at some point.

Caggie: I always thought Spencer was more into her than she was into him, she just likes the attention from him (mentioned in season 2 where she whined about Spencer placing his attention elsewhere and taking him/his attention for granted) and he is fairly good looking so she thought, 'hey' why not sleep with him. The fact she didn't bat an eyelid at going away to Australia AND didn't want any communication with Spencer/anyone says it all.

Nothing much to say apart from I find Caggie really boring now, and tend to find myself drifting off when she makes an appearance. I think she's a fairly vacuous character.

Spencer: I wonder what he thinks of his portrayal on the show. He is definitely being made to seem like the alpha male who needs to have all his cakes and eat them all.

As I mentioned before - Spencer finds himself in the alpha role now (I was always of the opinion that Hugo was the actual alpha male). I think Spencer's bungling it a bit to be honest and abusing his power.

Louise: I like her, she doesn't bitch about the other girls, she doesn't play petty mind-games. A solid character.

Phwoaaaar - ol' "foxy eyes" as I call her. Funny dress sense though - mega-frump for some reason.

Jamie: Proving to be very lovable and down-to-earth this series. Every group needs a fun-loving energiser like Jamie in their friendship circles :smile: not sure if he and Louise will last, but would prefer Jamie or Spencer any day.

Yeah Jamie's a giggle, agreed. I think he's genuinely quite a kind hearted person.
Very high intelligence level socially I feel.

Kimberly: Erm. Not sure what's really going on with this girl here or how the producers are trying to play her. Sure she's really good looking but she is blatantly uninterested in any of the guys on MiC and it is just cringe-worthy to watch them all ask her out only to be shot down or given a 'let's be friends' excuse. Either she gets this a lot in real-life and she resorts to this default phrase to stave off the deluge of men or else there's something a little un-nerving about her - her super cheery bubbly exterior that won't really let anyone get close to her.

Wierd. Pretty face, body of a 12 year old. Suspiciously "nice". I reckon she's holding out for a billionare who's perfect in every possible way. She's nice in a "friendly" way but when it comes to dating, I suspect she knows she's pretty and has an ego the size of a house. Funny thing is, Louise is prettier IMHO.

Cheska/Gabby/Rich: Just what even with this storyline. I just don't even know. I gather that Gabby likes/liked Rich because she didn't want Cheska to 'deface' the memories she had with him. And when she realised Rich didn't like her in the same way at sushi dinner, she saved face by saying she also only wanted to be friends with him also (not convinced this is the truth from Gabby).

Dunno. Am bored senseless by this storyline. Also - everything Gabby says is a lie IMHO.

Millie/Rosie: I felt really sorry for Millie during season 2 but I do think she's milking the victim status for far too long now. If I was Rosie, I doubt I could be bothered any more. It's no friendship if Millie is holding Rosie in debt for the rest of their lives for a kiss.

Dunno. Am also bored senseless by this storyline. Rosie = nasty, Millie = a little kid who cries every 5 seconds and goes on about whetehr people are her "fwends" all the time.

Francis B: ROFL love this character. The bumbling idiot. His awkwardness with girls. His intern! But he is very natural and endearing so he is a rather unique and wonderful character to add to the MiC mix.

Yes! This dude's a champ. Witty, quirky, kind hearted, a good giggle.

Proudlock: Very cool chilled guy, we've yet to see him in a vulnerable/emotional position at the moment but for now, he seems like the 'wise' member of the MiC circles. People go to him for objective advice.

Yeah he's ok. A bit boring but ok. Seems kind hearted.

Ollie: ROFL love this guy. He's quite ridiculous but in the most hilarious way. His vanity. His Union Jack obsession really is quite something. I feel him and Jamie are the most natural personalities on the show, the way he converses with other characters is quite witty and sharp. Isn't afraid to tell it like it is. MiC wouldn't be the same without him.

I actually think Ollie's really nice now. I think Gabby brought out the worst in him and now he's away from her, he's got better. He's now a friendly amusing soul, whereas before he was rather boring and self obsessed.

No comment on Mark Francis from you? I've warmed to him, although he's extremely stuck up, he can be quite amusing.

One other point - Gabriella is the only person I've ever heard that can impersonate electronic auto tune with her real life voice. The only difference being that she gets it out of tune.

Good post, man!
Having just caught up with the last episode, I must say I don't know why Rosie keeps acting like a bitch towards Millie when it seems that Millie has moved on from Hugo cheating on her and is actually try to make peace with Rosie. Rosie obviously didn't care enough about her friendship with Millie as getting with Hugo was bad enough but then to not actually want to seem to even make amends now...
Character analysis for season 3

Are you a psych or social sciences student? Not that everyone has the right to give her/his opinion,
just wondering what qualifies you in a special way to do this.
Original post by kates:)
Having just caught up with the last episode, I must say I don't know why Rosie keeps acting like a bitch towards Millie when it seems that Millie has moved on from Hugo cheating on her and is actually try to make peace with Rosie. Rosie obviously didn't care enough about her friendship with Millie as getting with Hugo was bad enough but then to not actually want to seem to even make amends now...

Rosie's jealous that Millie's prettier than her I reckon. Although Millie is starting to look a bit strange - bit of a double chin starting to go on there.

Rosie and Millie are both overly self-righteous individuals, I feel.
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
Are you a psych or social sciences student? Not that everyone has the right to give her/his opinion,

Hahaha. I didn't know you needed qualifications to make comments about a TV show. Sorry if 'Character analysis' sounds too scientific and official-sounding.

Re: Frankieboy :biggrin: I was only going to post comments on people who I thought had a semblance of a storyline this series and ever since Hugo got with Natalie, that boy has been so loved up - it's quite sweet really, but yeah, not much drama from his side of things. As ever, Hugo tries to be a good friend to Spencer, even if Hugo really wants to tell him to stop being a dick about girls.

Mark Francis: Ahahaha. Mark Francis epitomises the 'rah' archetype. I swear the producers added him in so that people would be able to poke fun at the stereotype. It'd be interesting to explore Mark's romantic side of things, but perhaps the producers are not going there because of his questionable sexuality/Ollie is the 'gay' character. I enjoy Mark Francis' comedic role though, definitely lightens up the mood whenever he's on screen.
(edited 11 years ago)
Hahaha. I didn't know you needed qualifications to make comments about a TV show. Sorry if 'Character analysis' sounds too scientific and official-sounding.

Re: Frankieboy :biggrin: I was only going to post comments on people who I thought had a semblance of a storyline this series and ever since Hugo got with Natalie, that boy has been so loved up - it's quite sweet really, but yeah, not much drama from his side of things. As ever, Hugo tries to be a good friend to Spencer, even if Hugo really wants to tell him to stop being a dick about girls.

Mark Francis: Ahahaha. Mark Francis epitomises the 'rah' archetype. I swear the producers added him in so that people would be able to poke fun at the stereotype. It'd be interesting to explore Mark's romantic side of things, but perhaps the producers are not going there because of his questionable sexuality/Ollie is the 'gay' character. I enjoy Mark Francis' comedic role though, definitely lightens up the mood whenever he's on screen.

tbh i think mark francis might be asexual... i can't imagine him with a man or a woman....
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil

I think we all do this. It's just that he bothered to put it into a post :smile:.

Original post by Bellissima
tbh i think mark francis might be asexual... i can't imagine him with a man or a woman....

That's exactly what I was gonna say. I think he's more concerned about his antiques and everything being "camel" coloured than hooking up with anyone.

Although having said that, him and Amber might make a good couple. Or "Gabilicious" - although she seems more a platonic friend. I get a smidgen of an attraction between Mark Francis and Amber, possibly - almost like a mutual respect.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by frankieboy
I think we all do this. It's just that he bothered to put it into a post :smile:.

That's exactly what I was gonna say. I think he's more concerned about his antiques and everything being "camel" coloured than hooking up with anyone.

Although having said that, him and Amber might make a good couple. Or "Gabilicious" - although she seems more a platonic friend. I get a smidgen of an attraction between Mark Francis and Amber, possibly - almost like a mutual respect.

i don't think it's attraction.. i think it's just they both have similar interests and amber wants to have someone like mark on her friends list so she kind of sucks up to him.. just the impression i got...

i can see him and gabbilicious growing old together though, they're kind of cute... in a platonic way!
Reply 1349
Does anyone know where kimberly's white, dip hem dress is from? I think it's in episode 2 of this series but i can't find aything on the internet about it :frown:
Original post by murrna
Does anyone know where kimberly's white, dip hem dress is from? I think it's in episode 2 of this series but i can't find aything on the internet about it :frown:

TKMax?
Original post by frankieboy
TKMax?

*snort* the thought of seeing anyone from MiC in TKMaxx is amusing.
Original post by Bellissima

Apparently MF dated Matthew Williamson, the fashion designer and has said he didn't want to be the main character in MiC which was originally the plan because he didn't want everyone to know who he was sleeping with.

All that aside though, he is absolutely one of my favourites in the show - I love everything about him!
I wanna be mates with Jamie. I bet he's a right laugh!
odds that richard ends up shagging chris??? anyone??
Why is every conversation so awkward on this show?
At least Victoria had the decency to apologise for what she said to Millie. I just think Victoria is just an insecure person and uses her bitchyness to feel better about herself.
Why would Jamie get a tattoo of "candy kittens"
Richard is a terrible wing man.
Why does Rosie dislike Millie so much.
Natalie is way to calm to allow Hugo go for drinks with Millie if I was her I would have said told him I was pissed. Even though you can tell from her face she wasn't happy about it.
Ouch Ollie. Was I the only one who thought Ollie looked 16 years old after the fall, before the kiss.
Eugh Big Face Amber is back I thought we got rid of her :facepalm2:
Lol at Victoria always bumping into Millie and not being invited to anything.
Rosie saying Millie has nothing to do with her life, why does Rosie spend all her ****ing time blogging and being a bitch with Victoria.
Spencer being an ******** as usual why would Louise go back to that.
But it looks like the boat scenes are in the next ep.

Lol Live in Chelsea is so funny.
Someone called Rosie a toenail :rofl:
Reply 1357
Victoria is back :colonhash:
THE RETURN OF AMBER #smashesheadonwall
Rosie and Victoria are so pathetic and two faced.

Quick Reply

Latest