The Student Room Group

Made in Chelsea

Scroll to see replies

They so do have jobs - Caggie is a "rising music star". Millie is a "makeup artist". The guy attempting to "source a penguin" is a "diamond entrepreneur". Binky is a "front of house" and Amber a "boutique manager". So please, please be right about the sheer hard work they all so obviously put in.

I loved the "how do I source a penguin" moment, one of the most memorable pieces of TV recently. It was particularly good that the "intern" had no idea what the heck was going on despite probably having been briefed about 8 times by the director and still managed to look completely puzzled. I wonder if she even realises she is on TV? Not to be too critical.
Reply 121
Hugo and Millie is a good match :biggrin:
Amber is so ugly
Reply 123
I love this show but I am not quite sure why :p:

It is really staged and nothing seems remotely natural but still!
I think they probably have a team working on the show who look for anything "natural" and ruthlessly stamp it out before it spreads.

Who do we think are the best looking in the programme and who are the most idiotic, which are surely the main reasons for watching?

Best looking: Caggie and Hugo.
Beyond idiotic: Ollie and the intern girl, closely followed by diamond boy.

Original post by randdom
I love this show but I am not quite sure why :p:

It is really staged and nothing seems remotely natural but still!
I watched the first 5 minutes this morning and immediately found myself wanting to punch every single one of them right in the face for being smarmy, stuck up little gits.

However, I'm now onto episode 3.
Original post by emmanottinghil
They so do have jobs - Caggie is a "rising music star". Millie is a "makeup artist". The guy attempting to "source a penguin" is a "diamond entrepreneur". Binky is a "front of house" and Amber a "boutique manager". So please, please be right about the sheer hard work they all so obviously put in.

I loved the "how do I source a penguin" moment, one of the most memorable pieces of TV recently. It was particularly good that the "intern" had no idea what the heck was going on despite probably having been briefed about 8 times by the director and still managed to look completely puzzled. I wonder if she even realises she is on TV? Not to be too critical.

Caggie- rising music star. Watch out Beverley Knight.

Millie- make-up artists, she will be soon hot on those heels to This Morning :rolleyes:

Penguin Guy- diamonds entrepreneur - so was Naomi Campbell :rolleyes:

Binky- front of house- what is exactly is that?

Amber- boutique manager- watch out John Lewis.

None of them have jobs and rely on Mummy and Daddy's money. When will CH4 learn to stop spending the BBC's money and taxpayer's money on unnecessary **** to please advertisers?
Even though people lambast this show for being scripted, you have to admit that the scene where Ollie broke up with Gabs was pretty heartbreaking. I mean even the most esteemed actresses can't act a crying breakdown with such realism as Gabs did, the whimpering and the body shudders... christ...it leads me to believe that she was finding things out for real, for the first time. Just watch the way her visage falters as the realisation dawns upon her, she tries to hold it in but it just makes the crying worse until she can't help but spill it all. Gosh, I don't even know what to say, I really felt for her in that moment, she's just a girl who had her world fall apart in that moment.

Ollie on the other hand. Kept looking like he was about to cry but never did. Crocodile tears.
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm not quite sure what a Front of House is - a receptionist perhaps?

Original post by The_Male_Melons
Caggie- rising music star. Watch out Beverley Knight.

Millie- make-up artists, she will be soon hot on those heels to This Morning :rolleyes:

Penguin Guy- diamonds entrepreneur - so was Naomi Campbell :rolleyes:

Binky- front of house- what is exactly is that?

Amber- boutique manager- watch out John Lewis.

None of them have jobs and rely on Mummy and Daddy's money. When will CH4 learn to stop spending the BBC's money and taxpayer's money on unnecessary **** to please advertisers?
I'm not quite sure what a Front of House is - a receptionist perhaps?

How does Binky get all that money? Mummy and Daddy. Having contacts gets you a job as a receptionist. A job that get paid millions?

I don't care if they are rich or not. It really annoys me that they do not work. They don't work and waste money needlessly.

They live in Chelsea- wtf are they doing in Central London then? Do they discuss their "personal" matters in front of Korean tourists overlooking parliament? :rolleyes::angry:
Seen a couple of minutes and that's all i need to see to be honest. Looks like a load of *******s.
Actually from previous discussions and various info on the web, it would appear that not all of them are all that rich in real life and not all actually live in Chelsea and they aren't all they seem in other ways. Basically it's an acting programme although one or two are genuinely of independent wealth, they aren't really "core" Chelsea.

How does Binky get all that money? Mummy and Daddy. Having contacts gets you a job as a receptionist. A job that get paid millions?

I don't care if they are rich or not. It really annoys me that they do not work. They don't work and waste money needlessly.

They live in Chelsea- wtf are they doing in Central London then? Do they discuss their "personal" matters in front of Korean tourists overlooking parliament? :rolleyes::angry:
Actually from previous discussions and various info on the web, it would appear that not all of them are all that rich in real life and not all actually live in Chelsea and they aren't all they seem in other ways. Basically it's an acting programme although one or two are genuinely of independent wealth, they aren't really "core" Chelsea.

Really? They all have dodgy names and talk posh. How do you know?:eek:
Yes, i'm not sure those are the only two crucial criteria.

Actually Caggie seems quite genuinely posh to me and she nearly always looks a little uncomfortable with some of the show's "actors" - i recognise that look as class discomfort. She is being forced to come down a little and dislikes it.

Really? They all have dodgy names and talk posh. How do you know?:eek:
Reply 134
they're just as daft as the towie lot, dickens wrote winnie the pooh eh? :rolleyes:
Reply 135

To be fair to them, we don't really know how hard they do or don't work. It's unlikely they would film much of them working because it's unlikely to make particularly good tv. Just because we don't see them working on the show doesn't necessarily mean they don't work at all.
Whilst i have no doubt that some are well-off, i seriously doubt we are seeing anything about their real lives at all in this trumped up, silly programme.

It's a bit sad because the real Chelsea would be far, far more interesting, but there would be the little problem that few of it's people would (a) want to support the absurd production agenda of making them look like complete jerks and (b) are nothing like the people portrayed in the programme.

Original post by ice tea
To be fair to them, we don't really know how hard they do or don't work. It's unlikely they would film much of them working because it's unlikely to make particularly good tv. Just because we don't see them working on the show doesn't necessarily mean they don't work at all.
Reply 137
The programme is totally fake, They are all new-money are upcoming. They're pretty much wannabee, real chelsea socialites wouldn't want to be associaed with such a programme, they dont need the fame to elevate their status. Again, the programme is clearly edited and scripted - that ollie guy was clearly gay and his gf most probably knew it. The club that girl did her jewellary promo in was such a crap place as well...
sooo.. what's everyone expecting for tonight's episode?!
Ollie to come out? Penguin boy to attempt to source a giraffe? Caggie to form a lesbian love triangle with Amber and Millie? God, it could be all of those or any other random combination of general wierdness.

Original post by don'tyouremember?
sooo.. what's everyone expecting for tonight's episode?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending