The Student Room Group

What you guna spend your student loan on??

are you going to say 'to hell with the bills' and spend on drink food and gadgets or you going to be sensible this installment:biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No.. because then i wouldn't be able to pay for my accommodation.. and i'd be taken to court.. and my (fairly poor) mum would have to pay the fee's which would probably be quite a bit more than the first amount i needed to pay.

Who am i kidding.. i'm about to go shopping ;D
My student loan? Goes entirely on accomodation. Any spending money comes out of savings :smile:
For me... Rent... Then into savings for next year which is going to be PHENOMINALLY expensive :frown:
Reply 4
I will use mine to gamble on grey hounds and further my crack cocaine habit
Reply 5
I only have 1 more months rent to pay luckily- the rest is going on tickets for the Olympics if I get them :|
Reply 6
Original post by joecool222
are you going to say 'to hell with the bills' and spend on drink food and gadgets or you going to be sensible this installment:biggrin:

What are you guna spend your student loan on??

Grammar classes. NOW.
:rolleyes:
Original post by Planar
I will use mine to gamble on grey hounds and further my crack cocaine habit

Thats what my poker profits fund dude
Reply 8
@ohm

Not going to do grammar classes for a forum...It's like saying to someone when they doing a text message use correct grammar...It's holiday period enjoy yourself stop thinking about peoples grammar..

Would you prefer is say 'What are you going to spend your..

maybe u i should say 'wot u guna spend ur student loan on'

lool
Reply 9
I was always sensible with my student loan, don't really understand why you'd go out and spend it all at once.
Reply 10
It all goes on accommodation. On the plus side I think the deficit for this round of fees is only £12 rather than £100 like the previous two.
Reply 11
What the **** do you think? :lolwut: It'll be accommodation and food when I start getting it next year. (I'm actually majorly worried about finance, as I've worked out what I'll have a week and it only just covers my accommodation - very jealous of you people who can afford clothes and entertainment and things too!)
Original post by kerily
What the **** do you think? :lolwut: It'll be accommodation and food when I start getting it next year. (I'm actually majorly worried about finance, as I've worked out what I'll have a week and it only just covers my accommodation - very jealous of you people who can afford clothes and entertainment and things too!)

Why swear?
Reply 13
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
Why swear?

I swear often in casual conversation :awesome:

It also bothers me slightly that while I'm in the situation where I'm desperately trying to work out how to live on the £20ish a week I'll have left after paying for my accommodation (in London), other people have the luxury of spending their loan on things they don't really need.
Original post by kerily
I swear often in casual conversation :awesome:

It also bothers me slightly that while I'm in the situation where I'm desperately trying to work out how to live on the £20ish a week I'll have left after paying for my accommodation (in London), other people have the luxury of spending their loan on things they don't really need.

Pick cheap accommodation, thats what im doing. Only 3.6k/y.
Isn't accommodation fees for everyone this installment like half what it usually is this time round? I think that's what the OP is getting at. I'm going to have like £1200 left over! I plan to build a new computer and 'try' to save the rest.
Reply 16
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
Pick cheap accommodation, thats what im doing. Only 3.6k/y.

Such a thing exists in London? *instant intrigue* The UCL website says to budget £100-£120 a week for accommodation; if I could get something cheaper, I might be able to afford alcohol and clothes :awesome:

(It's my insurance so I haven't looked into applying yet - apparently I can't until results day. I have no qualms about living in ultra-bargain accommodation, as long as I don't have to share a room and I'm not expensively far away from UCL.)
Rent, bills and holiday.
I hate that as soon as I get money, I hate to spend it.
Withdraw it all.
Give it to my sister.
I live at home.
And she gives me £20 a week to spend on busfare, food, etc.
So I don't spend too much, but have enough to be comfortable with.
Reply 19
Original post by TomInce6666
My student loan? Goes entirely on accomodation. Any spending money comes out of savings :smile:

What about money for clothes and food and clubbing? :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending