The Student Room Group

What you guna spend your student loan on??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by TomInce6666
Odd jobs around the house, pocket money, not spending it on white lightning at the weekends. Ive got enough to comfortably last me the rest of my course with my student loan added.

what is white lightning?
Original post by ohm
what is white lightning?

Very cheap cider
Original post by joecool222
are you going to say 'to hell with the bills' and spend on drink food and gadgets or you going to be sensible this installment:biggrin:

Well, given that my loan and £50 p.a. grant total £6978 and my accommodation is going to be at least £7k, not a lot, it would seem.
Original post by Rascacielos
Well, given that my loan and £50 p.a. grant total £6978 and my accommodation is going to be at least £7k, not a lot, it would seem.

i hope you don't mean 7k a year
Original post by francistheswole
i hope you don't mean 7k a year

That's exactly what I meant. Welcome to catered accommodation in London.
Original post by Rascacielos
That's exactly what I meant. Welcome to catered accommodation in London.

holyyy....

what uni?
Original post by francistheswole
holyyy....

what uni?

UCL, but that's a pretty representative figure of most UofL accommodation, particularly catered. The most expensive is £230 per week.
I don't know what I'm going to spend mine on :beard:

Gonna get a few more clothes but other than that, nothing in particular :holmes:
Rent! I'm quite fortunate that I get a large loan and an alright grant so I'm left over with about £1200. I'm working over the summer so I'll put whatever I have left into savings to pay for my flat next year :smile:
Original post by spocckka
Why's it going to be so much more?

Final year student (so less loan) in London, just coming back from my year abroad so won't have been able to spend the summer working to save up extra. Boo :frown:
Original post by Laurah5498
Rent! I'm quite fortunate that I get a large loan and an alright grant so I'm left over with about £1200. I'm working over the summer so I'll put whatever I have left into savings to pay for my flat next year :smile:

Your sig has made me so happy...

And that website is now the way I am going to waste my day :biggrin:
Reply 151
Bills.
And books! :frown:
Original post by helicockter
i'm definitely buying a fleshlite, lol.

repped.

Best post and (investment) in the thread so far!
clubbing yeah babyy
I'm not getting my loan until May (pfft) but when I get it, it all comes out again the very next day to pay for rent. Actually, i'll have about £500 left and that'll just get me out of my overdraft, which will be nice :awesome:
Reply 155
It'll all get swallowed into overdrafts (though at least the "Available" column will increase) due to poor spending/budgeting decisions in the past, and blowing my ERASMUS grant when abroad.

Half my instalment will go out in rent (the cheapest rent there is around here: £70 a week inc. bills, not en suite) - my tenancy is until July, which I'm happy about cos my gf lives here (in Birmingham) so I'll be looking for a place here and that'll give me more time.

Since I'm final year if I want to do that I'll need a job pretty sharpish. Otherwise I'll have to move my Dad's (commuting distance from Brum) and start doing chores for/borrowing from relatives to meet credit card minimum payments/current account O/D interest and my mobile phone contract. :eek:
I'm spending my student loan on accommodation, food, books and Olympic tickets!
Reply 157
I'm going to be living at home and got my declaration through yesterday and i'll have about 6 grand for the year come september, I think i'm going to put it into my account £400 a month which is about what I earn in my job now, which will cover paying for the running of my car and give me a bit to spend plus books and uni stuff, what's left will go into my isa to save for my next lot of car insurance/fixing my car when it breaks/eventually buying a decent car when i can afford it
(edited 13 years ago)
Pay accom then JAMMMMMMM!!!! :cool: :colone:
****ing your mum pal. shes cheap ill get a lot for my money :L

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending