Scroll to see replies

Original post by anuradha_d
Can anyone halp me with Jan 2010, question 10 (c)? Thanks x

There is no Jan 2010 Q10
Original post by gdunne42
There is no Jan 2010 Q10

I meant June... Sorry!
Reply 102
on the june 2010 10(c) question i also don't understand how you do it and the formula they have used on the mark scheme i haven't seen before.
Reply 103
Original post by megan.
on the june 2010 10(c) question i also don't understand how you do it and the formula they have used on the mark scheme i haven't seen before.

check out the model answers on the first page for this paper, what don't you understand?
Arsey you are an absolutely wonderful creation of God! :biggrin: If only I had your Maths brain! :smile:
Reply 105
Original post by Arsey
check out the model answers on the first page for this paper, what don't you understand?

it doesn't matter, i get it now thanks :smile:
Anyone know how to solve these questions? There is no mark scheme to these :confused:
Reply 107
Original post by Arsey
Integration - get a 991es to check, but only use it to check, you must show all your working

Was just wondering what exactly can a 991es do that most others can't? Both in C2 and other modules?

Thanks for thread by the way :biggrin:
Reply 108
Original post by GC93
Was just wondering what exactly can a 991es do that most others can't? Both in C2 and other modules?

Thanks for thread by the way :biggrin:

quite a lot

numerical integration and differentiation

solve quadratics and cubics

complex numbers

matrices

etc
Original post by anuradha_d
I meant June... Sorry!

Arsey has posted a solution to this paper on the first page of this thread.

Draw a sketch of the problem with what you already know.
You should see that you can form an isosceles triangle from the centre to points P & Q, you need to find the length of AB which is the radius of the circle and half it (since it's the midpoint that the new line crosses) then it's very basic circle theorem/triangle stuff for the rest.
Reply 110
Original post by intellectual1
Anyone know how to solve these questions? There is no mark scheme to these :confused:

Which ones are you having problems with? If you tell me which ones confuse you I can give help but I don't want to just post up the solutions as it's unconstructive :smile:.
Original post by intellectual1

The first one is a pretty standard differentiate problem, even if you can't do parts a & b you can use the given equation and the rest should be very straightforward.
The other 3 are in the Heineman text book in the mixed exercises from the relevant chapters.
If you don't have the book, post your answers and I'll check if they are correct.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 112
How did everyone find S1 and C1??
Original post by small'un
How did everyone find S1 and C1??

Try reading the C1 and S1 threads in the Maths Exams forum ??

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=373
(edited 12 years ago)
Yes Please: The algebra in chapter 1,Trigonometry and rads, series & sequences, co-ordinate geometry,integration & differentiation

No Thanks: Hard logs questions, logs in sequences & series(prooving such and such > such an such) and tricky trig equations.

85 UMS would be ideal I think. I scored just below 90UMS on S1 by the looks of things, hopefully I'll get dead on 90 though :smile:
Original post by nereik6794
Yes Please: The algebra in chapter 1,Trigonometry and rads, series & sequences, co-ordinate geometry,integration & differentiation

No Thanks: Hard logs questions, logs in sequences & series(prooving such and such > such an such) and tricky trig equations.

85 UMS would be ideal I think. I scored just below 90UMS on S1 by the looks of things, hopefully I'll get dead on 90 though :smile:

Are u planning to do the solomon papers ?!
Reply 116
Original post by Arsey
quite a lot

numerical integration and differentiation

solve quadratics and cubics

complex numbers

matrices

etc

Hi, Arsey

You know you posted some revision notes for the S1 exam!
Would you be able to do the same for this C2?
They were very helpful!

Cheers
Original post by Gujjers
Hi, Arsey

You know you posted some revision notes for the S1 exam!
Would you be able to do the same for this C2?
They were very helpful!

Cheers

Arsey already has :s-smilie: they are at the start of this thread......
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Whatever9999
Are u planning to do the solomon papers ?!

I'm doing edexcel :wink:
I seriously hate questions where you get given a diagram of a cylinder or a cube and you have to prove that the area/volume is equal to a certain formula. I just can't do them :frown:. Any tips?

Latest

Trending

Trending