The Student Room Group

MEN, how much do you spend to cut your hair?

Scroll to see replies

My last cut was just about £25. I also had highlights in so that was another £24... It looks freaking wonderful though.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 61
Original post by TheFlyingDutchman
Depends. I used to cut it myself. Everyone that thinks they are getting a bargain with their £5 a pop haircut probably isn't.

For two years of college the only amount I paid for my haircut was this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-QC5170-Mains-Rechargeable-Hairclipper/dp/B000GX37BU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1303897550&sr=8-1

These days I go to the salon and yes it costs £15 however they give me a nice head massage and my hairdresser who is hot as all hell talks to me for ages about interesting things and gets a bit flirty. Also the view when she cuts my fringe is pretty good stuff. She's caught me looking and didn't seem to care. She does exactly what I want and only uses scissors. If I want a little bit more of at the end she'll do it all again.

I once went to a Barber and it was £7. He mainly used clippers and was trying to have ****ty "LAD" banter with me. At the end he didn't even ask me what I thought of it. Didn't get a cup of tea and a slice of cake. Didn't get hot flirty cleavage. So for me it's either the free clippers I do myself or a £15 salon. The middle ground barber is just bull if you ask me.

A hundred times this. I don't want some pikey **** armed with a miniature hedge trimmer to completely balls up my hair and not give a damn, I can do that myself for free. £20 for an hours haircut, wash, massage, cup of tea, biscuits and pretty girls seems fair to me.
£5
Reply 63
Original post by Pendulum
A hundred times this. I don't want some pikey **** armed with a miniature hedge trimmer to completely balls up my hair and not give a damn, I can do that myself for free. £20 for an hours haircut, wash, massage, cup of tea, biscuits and pretty girls seems fair to me.

A hundred times this. Just go to a decent place and know ur individual hairdresser is decent. Simples.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 64
£36 once a month
Used to be £5 when I was young and just got the same grade all over.

Now it's £25 because my style is a bit complex....and also because I live in c.london so prices are generally high.
Reply 67
Tenner.
£10 takes like 30 minutes. bitches dont shut up
Reply 69
£9 for my trim!
£6
Reply 71
£0 because my grandma cuts it for me, she's a retired hairdresser and I only have trims due to having long hair.
Original post by TKC
I'm alright with paying like £15 to £20 for a proper haircut, but a barbers isn't even worth £5. I could put some clippers on no#2 and shear my own hair ta.

exactly - i have yet to see a barber do anything more complex than buzz cut and its done. And forget things such as layering, feathering thinning, highlighting etc etc

I pay between £15 and £20 to get mine done. I wouldnt let a barber near my hair.

Original post by Hazular
I do my boyfriend's for him. Come on, anyone can cut a bloke's hair. It's about a centimetre long.

Anything longer than that and you're a girl, pfft.

really then explain the penis that ive had for the last whole of my lifetime.
£20-30. I tend to have it cut right back and thinned out, then grow it out for a few months so it's reasonable for me. If I went to a cheap barbers it'd look AWFUL when it grows out.

Plus it gets washed, conditioned, straightened, thinned, and I get a beer as well!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 74
I pay 12 for mine. A lot, but I dont like 'experimenting' with hairdressers. I find one I like, and I stick to it.

Original post by Hazular
I do my boyfriend's for him. Come on, anyone can cut a bloke's hair. It's about a centimetre long.

Anything longer than that and you're a girl, pfft.

I negged you, then read your sig .. :facepalm2:
Reply 75
£3.5 at my barbers - does a good job twice a month :smile: my hair is really rough so not like I can do much with it :smile:
12 to 15
The occasional 60 when I feel like it (:
I usually pay around £10, but a friend of mine gets his done for £36 - all about personal pref!
Reply 78
£9 is the cheapest round here... and they do a pretty decent job
Reply 79
My mum has always payed lol. Now I go to my local barbers and get it done - tbh my receding hairline renders anything stylish useless.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending