The Student Room Group

MEN, how much do you spend to cut your hair?

Scroll to see replies

£25, usually every 3 months but i'm letting it grow slightly longer at the moment. I'm trying to find a new hairstyle that suits me, not having much success so far. :frown:

Original post by TheFlyingDutchman
Depends. I used to cut it myself. Everyone that thinks they are getting a bargain with their £5 a pop haircut probably isn't.

These days I go to the salon and yes it costs £15 however they give me a nice head massage and my hairdresser who is hot as all hell talks to me for ages about interesting things and gets a bit flirty. Also the view when she cuts my fringe is pretty good stuff. She's caught me looking and didn't seem to care. She does exactly what I want and only uses scissors. If I want a little bit more of at the end she'll do it all again.

I once went to a Barber and it was £7. He mainly used clippers and was trying to have ****ty "LAD" banter with me. At the end he didn't even ask me what I thought of it. Didn't get a cup of tea and a slice of cake. Didn't get hot flirty cleavage. So for me it's either the free clippers I do myself or a £15 salon. The middle ground barber is just bull if you ask me.

Spot on mate. I went to the barbers for years and it never cost me more than a tenner, but eventually i got fed up of being sheared like a sheep and like you say, the horrible 'LAD banter'. Much prefer my hairdresser.
Reply 161
Original post by Harrifer
They go to the *hairdressers* :rolleyes:

And in answer to your question, they make it look stupid and effeminate.

i dont understand how anyone can justify a price tag of over 10 quid for cutting someones hair. its just silly.

and guys who pay that price should tell the "hairdressers" to cut their knob off as well as their hair.
Original post by jammythedodger
looking at these prices I feel embarrased.

I usually get a salon cut, just because I usually dislike my unless its JUST right... so yeah, I pay like £30 :p:

Usually at Toni & Guy at the moment, since there's a great one in Exeter right next to Boston Tea Party :biggrin:

Have you ever seen another man in Toni & Guy?

Come on, don't let the team down.
Original post by KNOB-head
i dont understand how anyone can justify a price tag of over 10 quid for cutting someones hair. its just silly.

and guys who pay that price should tell the "hairdressers" to cut their knob off as well as their hair.

It's probably already been done.
Original post by Harrifer
Anyone who pays more than £15 is a poncey ****er.

Original post by KNOB-head

I don't understand why people keep bringing out the price argument. Getting my hair cut works out at around £8 a month. I spend more than that on chewing gum ffs.
£6. Includes as much beer as you like and you get to play PS3s while you wait/get your hair cut. Decent hairdressers too.
Reply 166
£10
Original post by sr90
I don't understand why people keep bringing out the price argument. Getting my hair cut works out at around £8 a month. I spend more than that on chewing gum ffs.

Why don't you just have a manicure and be done with it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending