The Student Room Group

AFFORDABLE car insurance for recently passed young (17 year old male) drivers?

Scroll to see replies

Try ringing up and negotiating, it makes a big difference. Get quotes from difference companies and then ring one that isn't the cheapest and tell them you have said cheaper quote from another insurer, they will almost definitely drop their price down. Then ring back the cheaper company saying you have this cheaper quote from the other insurer, and they will likely drop their quote down. Keep doing this until you can get the lowest price you can. Time consuming, but should save you a couple of hundred at least.
I got my insurance dropped from £700 to £400 in my first year of having a car (admittedly I was 19, had had my licence for 2 years and my car was only worth £900 and said it was worth £500, they also asked how much I would drive it I said only a couple thousand miles a year). (Still not sure how I got it so cheap though). Also, they may ask you questions like where you park it, always say the answer which will get you the cheapest quote, so in this case, garage or driveway (it doesn't matter if you don't, it wont effect the policy).
Try Endsleigh, that's who I'm with.

Also, if you can try going on multi car insurance with you parents?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by XL-250
Hey guys, so i'm currently a learner driver. I've had around 12 hours lessons, but i have my own car so i have practice quite a lot with that. After one more lesson i will be ready to take my test, but as soon as i do the insurance quotes go from £1000 to the cheapest being about £4500.

So this is why i can't afford to pass my test now, because as soon as i do the prices are stupidly high. So what i'm asking is, does anyone know of any cheap car insurances for a full UK license? i'm a 17 year old male, and my car is a low insurance group, i don't mind whether i has to be or have a named driver, but i don't want to be restricted to like 9am-7pm driving? Thanks

I work with insurance brokers. Guaranteed cheapest insurance quote. message me anyone for cheap quote, no time wasters

Quick Reply

Latest