The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Online Poker

Hi. Has anyone living on campus managed to get online poker software to work? i normally play on victor chandler but i tried some others with no success. I imagine it's a resnet/proxy problem but usually there's a way round these things (eg for online gaming?). i've tried a couple of things but i'm no expert.
any ideas would be appreciated,
cheers!
Reply 1
Im not on campus but know people who are that have tried, it is blocked by Resnet :frown: same with most online games like Yahoo etc. Apparently you can connect to some games to play with people on the same network hub as you. Im not sure how though
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
I've tried other programs (games, I'm not a gambling addict! :wink: ) but I couldn't get anything working. Apparantly they will work if you use a SOCKS proxy and http tunnel yadda yadda yadda but I couldn't get them to work so I gave up :p: I think the main problem is that the port is blocked, you could always ask ISS to unblock it! :biggrin: If you ask them can you ask them to unblock tcp port 3724 as well, t'would be nice :smile:
Reply 3
i used to play online poker loads too, we play in our kitchen all the time tho so nevermind!

does anyone else here play who fancys a game with us in the kitchen some night?
Reply 4
thanks for the info. crappy resnet restrictions....
on the subject of live poker, there's a uni poker society, they meet on mondays at furness lt3 if you're interested. i think there's usually at least 30 people.
Reply 5
thanks for the info. crappy resnet restrictions....
on the subject of live poker, there's a uni poker society, they meet on mondays at furness lt3 if you're interested. i think there's usually at least 30 people.
Reply 6
I think the first prize in the poker competitions is an ipod, high stakes!
Reply 7
I think the first prize in the poker competitions is an ipod, high stakes!
Reply 8
1st prize is a substantial proportion(~50%) of the prize fund, which is made up of everyone's buy-in - with the rest going to 2nd/3rd etc. so it depends on the number of people/rebuys. I think they occaisonally give out special prizes like an ipod as well

Latest

Trending

Trending