The Student Room Group

GCSE English A- How much is the speaking element worth???

For language and for literature please? I'm rather worried now as I did my speaking near the beginning of Year 10, and I vaguely recall scoring a C grade for the acting part. Would that eliminate all chances of obtaining an A* grade overall? I have achieved A*s in the coursework section, and I'm predicted to get A*s in the written paper.
Reply 1
It depends on the exam board. I'm doing WJEC and I think it's worth 20% overall for language, though considering it was just for the drama aspect I doubt it will really affect your grade. As far as I'm aware - and it's probably the same across all boards - speaking is just a language thing, not literature. If you're really unsure you could try and redo it but I don't think you need to worry. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Coeru
It depends on the exam board. I'm doing WJEC and I think it's worth 20% overall for language, though considering it was just for the drama aspect I doubt it will really affect your grade. As far as I'm aware - and it's probably the same across all boards - speaking is just a language thing, not literature. If you're really unsure you could try and redo it but I don't think you need to worry. :smile:

Hi, thanks for replying! Sorry for not specifying, I'm doing AQA. Out of the three speaking tasks, I think I scored two As and that C, perhaps averaging to be a mid B then. Considering it's so near to study leave, I don't think I'll be able to re-do it...noooo
Reply 3
Original post by sophiejay692
Hi, thanks for replying! Sorry for not specifying, I'm doing AQA. Out of the three speaking tasks, I think I scored two As and that C, perhaps averaging to be a mid B then. Considering it's so near to study leave, I don't think I'll be able to re-do it...noooo

Oh right. Well I wouldn't worry, just focus on the exams now so you can get the best possible grade. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending