The Student Room Group

AS Biology f212 26th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

I'm slightly worried about F212 :o:
Reply 21
Original post by Waqar Y
Good luck guys, I had 105/150 last year when I took it in June, did my retake this Jan and got 138/150.

My advice would be:

-Go over it, again and again - write notes, read it and memorize it
-Think about it when you write, think about the processes and what's going on, in other words visualize the content
-Past papers, the mark scheme answers are the difference between an A and getting a B, I didn't do much mark scheme in June and got a B, even though I thought i learned the content, but in Jan I didn't go over the content as much as I did in June, but upped mark scheme memorizing.

Goodluck y'all

Thanks for advice lol I got right snide comments from my teacher when they found out I'd been memorising bits from mark schme for the mock exam...I mean I just thought it was a normal thing lol

Btw do u mind me asking what course you have applied for university...
Original post by JChoudhry
I'm slightly worried about F212 :o:

AGREED :puppyeyes: seems I spend 90% of my time revising Biology, let alone my other subjects...:frown:
Im stuck on the specification point which asks you to describe the structure of b and t lymphocytes

anyone willing to help??
Reply 24
Original post by Niki_girl
AGREED :puppyeyes: seems I spend 90% of my time revising Biology, let alone my other subjects...:frown:

bump.

I mean its just the way they word the questions, hard to get my head round them lol
what are the other subjects you are studying??
Reply 25
Original post by High VOLTAGE
Im stuck on the specification point which asks you to describe the structure of b and t lymphocytes

anyone willing to help??

WHAT:eek:

what structure???? I didnt know you had to know their structures:eek:
Original post by taunt
bump.

I mean its just the way they word the questions, hard to get my head round them lol
what are the other subjects you are studying??

History
English Lit
Theology & Ethics

So not a lot of content at all :doh:

I competely miss the point of most questions :s-smilie: it always seems to me that they're asking for something different? :dontknow:

Good luck to both of us! :rolleyes:
Reply 27
Original post by taunt
Thanks for advice lol I got right snide comments from my teacher when they found out I'd been memorising bits from mark schme for the mock exam...I mean I just thought it was a normal thing lol

Btw do u mind me asking what course you have applied for university...

Biology :smile: I've firmed Warwick - Need to get ABB.
Reply 28
i need 125 on this mother
Reply 29
Original post by Deyn_08
i need 125 on this mother

how do you work out how much u need...??

thanks in advance
Original post by Niki_girl

I find Chem harder to be honest. But bio is a close second :p: Although Bio is really unpredictable :sad:
Reply 31
we shud post biodiversity notes as thts wat most seem to be struggling with. does someone wanna get started....
Reply 32
Original post by taunt

thanks in advance

search ums calculator
Original post by JChoudhry
I find Chem harder to be honest. But bio is a close second :p: Although Bio is really unpredictable :sad:

This is probably true from what I've heard from friends that do both. Biology can always throw in a random "applied knowledge/ how science works" question :s-smilie:
I hate those.
Reply 34
Original post by taunt

thanks in advance

Here is a table which will help you and anyone else

A 120 - 150
B 105 - 119
C 90 - 104
D 75 - 89
E 60 - 74
U 0 - 59

This is the grade boundaries for the exam and this can be used for all predicting a grade on any exam.
Reply 35
Original post by akindrat18
Here is a table which will help you and anyone else

A 120 - 150
B 105 - 119
C 90 - 104
D 75 - 89
E 60 - 74
U 0 - 59

This is the grade boundaries for the exam and this can be used for all predicting a grade on any exam.

cheers mate :wink:
f212 looks like a molecule compared to the amount of content you need to know in f215.
So this time I shall get 150/150!
Reply 37
Anyone else pooing themselves right now? I am 'cause i HATE apply questions and this paper is filled with them!!! D:
I think i know my stuff... sort of... crap, i think i'll just get off the interwebz and hit the books now... :/
arghhh I have still got so much to learn!!! I ain't even half way through the module!
Original post by slacker07906
arghhh I have still got so much to learn!!! I ain't even half way through the module!

Same :/ biodiversity is the worse

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending