The Student Room Group

AS Biology f212 26th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by slacker07906

Original post by slacker07906
What I want to come up-

1. I hope a lot of DNA comes up!
2. I would like the structures of glycogen, starch, cellulose and collagen to come up.
3. Hmm and I wouldn't mind a bit on enzymes either.

My dreaded topics (that could possibly come up on the exam)

1. Anything to do with taxonomists2.
2. Anything to do with suggesting!
3. Immune system- Particularly the structure of lymphocytes etc..
4. Diet- I bet they ask smething really complicated on this such as BMI and accuracy!

What I think will come up-

1. Almost definitely something on smoking, maybe it will include epidemeology. Or maybe experimental evidence (can someone explain this evidence to me please?)
2. They almost definitely have to ask something on structure of biomolecules
3. Why do I get the feeling they are going to ask something complicated on cholesterol?
4. Why do I get a shiver down my spine every time I open evolution notes- I think speciation is going to come up!
5. I think Non-reducing sugars will come up, something along the lines of 'Suggest a difference in structure between a reducing and a non reducing sugar, that means Benedicts solution can only ever change the colour of a reducing sugar'
6. Biodiversity Biodiversity Biodiversity- Maybe quadrats, belt transects, line trnasects. Calculate abundancy.
7. How the properties of water are related to its function.
8. How a drug that inhibits enzymes from working can be of benefit for people suffering with AIDS
9. Oh oh oh this is bound to come up! MALARIA AND TB. Be prepared on those.
10. Formation of nucelic acids.

I hope the ones you suggested does not come up....lol...i mean the dreading ones...
LOL. I would die. If the first question is something I don't know, im walking out of the exam lol. My 3rd time doing this exam!
Reply 62
Lets not get distracted....jus prepare for it....go to exams....produce ur stuff on the papers....at least have some positive mentality!!!!! Having said this, I am pretty sure the grade boundary for AS bio unit 2 june 2011 will still have a grade boundary in a range of 66-72 for an A!
Reply 63
Original post by Rup
dunt want to show off bt i got 9/10, 10/10, 19/20
Jus did F2 11 today...seems fairly ok.....now heading onto F212 nxt friday...

cool thats pretty good :smile: i found the ISA so hard:s-smilie:

and btw do you mean F212 for next thursday?? coz you've written friday lol

btw what did you get for biology f211 in january??:tongue:
Oh dont say that :frown: What happened to positivism?
Reply 65
Original post by taunt

Original post by taunt
cool thats pretty good :smile: i found the ISA so hard:s-smilie:

and btw do you mean F212 for next thursday?? coz you've written friday lol

btw what did you get for biology f211 in january??:tongue:

oh my bad, its nxt thursday....i didnt do F211 in jan 2011....
Reply 66
Original post by Rup
oh my bad, its nxt thursday....i didnt do F211 in jan 2011....

haha thought so, you got me prowling through my exam timetable lol

and oh i see so you did your resit this year in may, instead of last year, because your a year 13 student?
Reply 67
Original post by taunt

Original post by taunt
haha thought so, you got me prowling through my exam timetable lol

and oh i see so you did your resit this year in may, instead of last year, because your a year 13 student?

well, in a yes,...bt i am a gap year student.....I have an overall C in biology from last year...so jus taking some retakes this summer to upgrade it into a B.....hopefully, i can achieve this....!!! Fingers crossed.
Reply 68
Original post by Rup
well, in a yes,...bt i am a gap year student.....I have an overall C in biology from last year...so jus taking some retakes this summer to upgrade it into a B.....hopefully, i can achieve this....!!! Fingers crossed.

Would be so happy if my final A-Level grades stand as AAB!!!
Reply 69
Original post by Rup
Would be so happy if my final A-Level grades stand as AAB!!!

yh i hope i get something like that lol

is it medicine you want to do, I dont know why but it seems that way lol with the kind of grades your wanting:smile:
Reply 70
Original post by taunt

Original post by taunt
yh i hope i get something like that lol

is it medicine you want to do, I dont know why but it seems that way lol with the kind of grades your wanting:smile:

lol...I applied for medicine last yr...got rejected from all uni's ...so this yr i m planning to study pharmacy....btw wat are ur predicted grades for A Levels?
Reply 71
Original post by Rup
lol...I applied for medicine last yr...got rejected from all uni's ...so this yr i m planning to study pharmacy....btw wat are ur predicted grades for A Levels?

Well Im still in my first year, but to give you an inkling lol I will probabaly get somehting along the lines of ABBC for AS grades and you can judge for yourself what il get for A2 predictions lol

do you mind me asking you what AS grades you got in your 1st year??
because i want to do something in healthcare lol
Reply 72
Original post by taunt

Original post by taunt
Well Im still in my first year, but to give you an inkling lol I will probabaly get somehting along the lines of ABBC for AS grades and you can judge for yourself what il get for A2 predictions lol

do you mind me asking you what AS grades you got in your 1st year??
because i want to do something in healthcare lol

AS grades - C in bio, A in Chem, A in Maths
Reply 73
Original post by Rup
AS grades - C in bio, A in Chem, A in Maths

:eek:

woah!! that is sooo goood, so that means your A2 predictions would have been brill, so how come you didnt get accepted into medicine????????
with those grades you should have most definitly
Reply 74
Original post by taunt

Original post by taunt
:eek:

woah!! that is sooo goood, so that means your A2 predictions would have been brill, so how come you didnt get accepted into medicine????????
with those grades you should have most definitly

well i dunno.....medicine is a course thats hard to get into..no matter if u are an A student....Competition never seems to stop and its just getting tougher and tougher..
Just marked my second mock. 77% for the second time, but the grade boundaries are so low got an A on both :colone:
Original post by dream_merchant
Just marked my second mock. 77% for the second time, but the grade boundaries are so low got an A on both :colone:

any tips on how to revise such expansive content lol

cheers

any topics that they havn't tested us on for a while?
anyone have a link to the June 2009 f212 paper (and markscheme)? thanks!
Original post by JChoudhry
I find Chem harder to be honest. But bio is a close second :p: Although Bio is really unpredictable :sad:

i find biology hard in that there's a heck to remember=/

chemistry hard in that, there's alot to memorise but a lot to apply

maths is difficult

physics is stupid, seriously just stupid, maybe it's my school:P
Original post by giraffegiraffe
anyone have a link to the June 2009 f212 paper (and markscheme)? thanks!

http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/type/gce/science/biology/documents/index.html

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending