Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My flatmates have already found a house and signed
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
we have started looking yes. as have all the rest of the people on my floor!
Reply 3
Juno

Blimey, you folks don''t waste time do you!!!! :eek: :biggrin:

I'd better get my skates on. Do you think it will be too late if I leave it till January? :confused:
Reply 4
T. Hereford
Blimey, you folks don''t waste time do you!!!! :eek: :biggrin:

I'd better get my skates on. Do you think it will be too late if I leave it till January? :confused:

Most people seem to wait til after exams.

Also, a word of warning...

...during exams, don't go knocking on random doors. There's nothing more likely to get you a smack in the face than disturbing a 3rd Years revision!:wink:
Reply 5
To the OP - why aren't you going to live on campus?
Reply 6
Juno

wow!
Reply 7
mousey
To the OP - why aren't you going to live on campus?

Cos I'm a postgraduate.
Reply 8
We got our house at about this time next year, but loads of my friends waiting til after exams and still got really ncie ones. So i guess its up to you!
Reply 9
Well we've had quite a few people coming round to our house to have a look at the place already. We waited till after exams last year though and it wasn't too difficult getting a place, you just have to realise that if you like the place chances are someone else will too and it can get snapped up before you know it. I'm not saying you ought to rush into sticking with the first house you kinda fancy but once you are sure about a house, don't faff around with getting a deposit down.
Reply 10
dont live at 365 derby road...
Not started househunting yet because I don't know who I'm living with! One of my best friends on my course wants me to live with her and these two other girls who I don't know that well, and she thinks it's all sorted out and everything (I did kinda give the impression I would live with her because I thought my other friend might drop out but she hasn't) :redface: but I want to live with a different group of people and, urgh, I don't want to piss my other friend off! What to do, what to do... :frown:
Reply 12
Fleece
dont live at 365 derby road...

what's wrong with it? :confused:
Reply 13
T. Hereford
what's wrong with it? :confused:

i lived there and it was a scumhole - odd, because when we looked around we fell in love with it. We couldnt move in for a week because it was so dirty they had to get cleaners in....and then tried to charge us....the landlords are money grabbing gimps.
Most people seem to think its better to wait till feb/march time cos at the moment houses are more expensive and later on as more come on the market it gets cheaper. But iv not spoke to anyone from halls who has started even looking.
Reply 15
Loads of people in HuStu have already put their deposit down, it seems nearly everyone is looking from here. xx
Is anyone considering spending another year on campus?
Spikerocker
Is anyone considering spending another year on campus?

yeh poss, maybe on Broadgate...but not sure..depends on how houses seem and distance id have to travel.
john williams
yeh poss, maybe on Broadgate...but not sure..depends on how houses seem and distance id have to travel.

To be honest I can't see housing being cheaper or more convenient than staying on campus so may think I will do. Only problem is that I that I have to tell the people I was going to move in with that I'm not going to be doing so anymore. aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhh (damn it!)
Reply 19
Spikerocker
To be honest I can't see housing being cheaper or more convenient than staying on campus so may think I will do. Only problem is that I that I have to tell the people I was going to move in with that I'm not going to be doing so anymore. aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhh (damn it!)

Yeah, but houses are so much more fun. And why would you want to be with a bunch of freshers when you're actually expected to work for your degree?

Latest

Trending

Trending