The Student Room Group

a black man talks honestly about white slavery.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Wucker
I always find these threads funny because people are never willing to acknowledge, much less address, the fact that all races were slavers.

I mean, even if you hate the original poster, it is pointless to deny the fact that slavery cannot be blamed on one race, as much as our society would like it to be.

Is anyone denying that? I think this thread is about Blacks having White slaves moreso than Whites having Black slaves, and the false idea that Whites were only able to take Black slaves because other Blacks gave them up. The Whites were the innocents party, visiting Africa for the beautiful beaches and exotic animals and had slaves forced upon them! Poor old Whitey! Lucky they slave-traders and colonizers treated their captives, oops, I mean purchases/gifts so nicely...
Reply 41
Original post by Inzamam99
Yes you're right, how hypocritical of me. Just a second, I'am gonna give my white slaves a beating for not working hard enough on my sugar plantations and then I'll return to this thread...

and the millions of white people who were enslaved by the arabs mostly on the barbary coast?were they treated well?

the tens of millions of blacks enslaved by the muslim arabs? how were they teated?

read the op before you make comments.
Reply 42
So called white slavery did happen of course but it was mainly done BY white people e.g. in the Roman Empire and was on a lesser scale than the enslavement of blacks.

This is a huge generalisation obviously- all kind of slavery are wrong.

And Arabs of course. Arabs enslaved Whites and Blacks and in many ways were worse to Black Africans than Whites were.
Reply 43
Original post by EskimoJo
Is anyone denying that? I think this thread is about Blacks having White slaves moreso than Whites having Black slaves, and the false idea that Whites were only able to take Black slaves because other Blacks gave them up. The Whites were the innocents party, visiting Africa for the beautiful beaches and exotic animals and had slaves forced upon them! Poor old Whitey! Lucky they slave-traders and colonizers treated their captives, oops, I mean purchases/gifts so nicely...

no. just such an absurd misunderstanding of the OP.
Reply 44
Original post by humanrights
and the millions of white people who were enslaved by the arabs mostly on the barbary coast?were they treated well?

the tens of millions of blacks enslaved by the muslim arabs? how were they teated?

They were treated awfully (I don't know about the Muslim part, but whatever...) I still don't know how this makes the Whites innocent of wrong-doing, and on top of that, I don't see how this implicates Blacks.
Reply 45
You don't say! And if they hadn't, what do you think would have happened? Old whitey would have just said, 'oh, no slaves here then, we'd better get back on board and sail home' or they would have just taken whoever they wanted? I suppose the Europeans saw they Africans had slaves up for sale on eBay, so came to collect to avoid shipping costs... or maybe, they came with every intention of leaving with slaves and the best way an African tribal leader could save himself and his people was to give up the slaves they had. There were leaders who refused and were massacred. I can't remember names, but with actual research, you can find out.
If you think Black people enslaved Whites more than vice versa, then you're simply an idiot.

the slave trade was a collusion between rich european traders and african tribal leaders.
if the market was not there then the traders would not have been able to purchase the cheap labour.

this racist idea that european threatened to massacre blacks is so evil you may as well blame the holocaust on the jews.

slavery was trade between 2 parties, rich whites and rich blacks who sold their captives.
Reply 46
no. just such an absurd misunderstanding of the OP.

Summarise it then. I, like others, can't be bothered to read the wall of text.
Reply 47
the slave trade was a collusion between rich european traders and african tribal leaders.
if the market was not there then the traders would not have been able to purchase the cheap labour.

this racist idea that european threatened to massacre blacks is so evil you may as well blame the holocaust on the jews.

slavery was trade between 2 parties, rich whites and rich blacks who sold their captives.

Why were the Whites there? And it is without question that those who refused to sell their captives were killed. If the market was not there, the traders would have (and did) raid for slaves. That's how the vast majority of slaves are gained, through raids. Nothing like the Holocaust.
Reply 48
They were treated awfully (I don't know about the Muslim part, but whatever...) I still don't know how this makes the Whites innocent of wrong-doing, and on top of that, I don't see how this implicates Blacks.

what have whites collectively got to do with slavery? they collectively abolished it. but they collectively did not start slavery.

arabs started enslaving sub saharan africans from the 7th century. the only reason why europeans purchased slaves in the first place was because a thriving market already existed on the african continent. this racist idea that africans were simply enslaved by europeans is just obscene. it was a collusion between leaders.

as for the arabs. they actually enslaved. i cannot embed video so here is a link narrated an arab author about arab on african slavery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zM_MzkLKPY
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 49
Why were the Whites there? And it is without question that those who refused to sell their captives were killed. If the market was not there, the traders would have (and did) raid for slaves. That's how the vast majority of slaves are gained, through raids. Nothing like the Holocaust.

you are a racist.the vast majority were purchased. this is not even a controversial fact to say.

but, to give the benefit of the doubt, maybe you mean arab slaves? the vast majority of arab slaves (who were black and white) were raided.

as for arficans. they enslaved rival tribes and sold them off to the europeans.
(edited 12 years ago)
While I think you have an unbalanced opinion that is too pro-white, you do have a point in that it is one race that has been disgusting in it's treatment of people throughout history. The human race.

People through history of all nationalities, races, religions and politics have been as bad as each other.
Reply 51
Original post by BlueJoker
While I think you have an unbalanced opinion that is too pro-white, you do have a point in that it is one race that has been disgusting in it's treatment of people throughout history. The human race.

People through history of all nationalities, races, religions and politics have been as bad as each other.

this is my point. its really is. if i seem to pro white. its only because white people are expected to take so much racism and not respond and so i feel it is a duty to defend white people from defamation.

i want all peoples to get on. and i realise that these lies about slavery are causing so much conflict and more specifically so much anti white racism.

its not healthy because the truth is so much more complicated.

They were treated terribly- much like how the whites treated their black slaves in general.
this is my point. its really is. if i seem to pro white. its only because white people are expected to take so much racism and not respond and so i feel it is a duty to defend white people from defamation.

i want all peoples to get on. and i realise that these lies about slavery are causing so much conflict and more specifically so much anti white racism.

its not healthy because the truth is so much more complicated.

Hmm, I don't think us white folks need defending, I think we're pretty privelaged enough as it is.

And I wouldn't call them lies, I would just call it lack of knowledge. Certainly some of the things you've been saying have been clutching at straws a little, or confused at best, but I think people have got to stop with this White vs Black vs Muslims vs Jews thing going on and just start thinking Racists vs Good people.

It's my personal opinion that if you're discussing racism, the actual issue of the different races of the offender and the victim don't need to come into it as often as people would think. :rolleyes:
Reply 54
what have whites collectively got to do with slavery? they collectively abolished it. but they collectively did not start slavery.

arabs started enslaving sub saharan africans from the 7th century. the only reason why europeans purchased slaves in the first place was because a thriving market already existed on the african continent. this racist idea that africans were simply enslaved by europeans is just obscene. it was a collusion between leaders.

as for the arabs. they actually enslaved. i cannot embed video so here is a link narrated an arab author about arab on african slavery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zM_MzkLKPY

What are you talking about? I know, and most people know Arabs enslaved Blacks. Of course the Whites didn't start it, they were too far away! And yes, it's very lovely that after building a country on the back of slaves, Americans/the west/Whites abolished slavery. It's really very nice that they did it of their own will and didn't need any pressure from Blacks to do so. It's lovely that after slavery was abolished, Blacks were treated completely equally to Whites. It's wonderful that those slaves and slave descendants could find their way back home. It's shocking that silly old Blacky, who has just been freed from slavery remembers the hurt and tells the story to his descendants. He's free now! Why not just forget it ever happened?! This is your home now, don't think of going back to where you came from, that land has been sliced up and shared among Europeans. This is your home, your religion, your culture, your language, your food now. You're freeee!
Reply 55
They were treated terribly- much like how the whites treated their black slaves in general.

arabs enslaved whites and blacks. ( millions of whites and tens of millions of blacks. )

whites purchased black slaves but never purchased arab slaves.

why didn't whites purchase indian slaves. chinese slaves? arabs slaves?

because these groups, apart from arabs who have always been supremacist, did not want to sell their captives.......
Reply 56
you are a racist.the vast majority were purchased. this is not even a controversial fact to say.

but, to give the benefit of the doubt, maybe you mean arab slaves? the vast majority of arab slaves (who were black and white) were raided.

as for arficans. they enslaved rival tribes and sold them off to the europeans.

I don't doubt that. Tbh, if I owned some slaves and had just seen my neighbour tribesman slaughtered because he refused to sell his slaves, I would wrap a bow around mine, slap on a '50% off' pricetag and wave them off on their journey to the unknown land. Most slaves were sold? You don't say... That makes it ok then?
Reply 58
What are you talking about? I know, and most people know Arabs enslaved Blacks. Of course the Whites didn't start it, they were too far away! And yes, it's very lovely that after building a country on the back of slaves, Americans/the west/Whites abolished slavery. It's really very nice that they did it of their own will and didn't need any pressure from Blacks to do so. It's lovely that after slavery was abolished, Blacks were treated completely equally to Whites. It's wonderful that those slaves and slave descendants could find their way back home. It's shocking that silly old Blacky, who has just been freed from slavery remembers the hurt and tells the story to his descendants. He's free now! Why not just forget it ever happened?! This is your home now, don't think of going back to where you came from, that land has been sliced up and shared among Europeans. This is your home, your religion, your culture, your language, your food now. You're freeee!

african people are not slaves. they sold their captives into slavery only.

the african americans are the people whos ancestors were sold into slavery. so blame africans for slavery.

africans are the strong black people it seems. african americans are the weak black people.
Reply 59
so, where do you think the europeans and jews got their slaves from?

don't tell me you think they parked their boats, hid behind bushes and then jumped out with nets and captured people?

no.

black tribal leaders sold their captives willingly as slaves mostly. as for the arabs. ask where they got their african slaves from?

If a black slave was sold by his own people or captured by Europeans, does it make it right for them to be treated that way once they were slaves?
Slavery in all forms whether sold or captured is wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending