The Student Room Group

a black man talks honestly about white slavery.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by EskimoJo
I don't doubt that. Tbh, if I owned some slaves and had just seen my neighbour tribesman slaughtered because he refused to sell his slaves, I would wrap a bow around mine, slap on a '50% off' pricetag and wave them off on their journey to the unknown land. Most slaves were sold? You don't say... That makes it ok then?

no, all slaves were sold. sold to rich european and jewish traders by black tribal leaders who wanted to sell their captives.

stop demeaning africans. they are not a weak people. they were involved in the trade.
Reply 61
Original post by patrickedore
If a black slave was sold by his own people or captured by Europeans, does it make it right for them to be treated that way once they were slaves?
Slavery in all forms whether sold or captured is wrong.

i agree.

but slaves throughout history are not treated like kings are they?

read the op. its doorway into the history of white slavery.
Yay for labour education!

My school expelled kids for saying that white people had been slaves.
Reply 63
Original post by morecambebay
Yay for labour education!

My school expelled kids for saying that white people had been slaves.

really?
Original post by humanrights
really?

I know of at least two in my year. I witnessed one. We were getting the same 'white people are so bad' crap that we got given every year and a kid just pointed out to the teacher that we had been on the recieving end of it ourselves once. The teacher was unfortunately the type who are petrified of even being accused of racism so didnt believe him and kicked him out. I think the headteacher just wanted to avoid the fuss she would kick up if she was told she was wrong so went along with it.
Reply 65
I know of at least two in my year. I witnessed one. We were getting the same 'white people are so bad' crap that we got given every year and a kid just pointed out to the teacher that we had been on the recieving end of it ourselves once. The teacher was unfortunately the type who are petrified of even being accused of racism so didnt believe him and kicked him out. I think the headteacher just wanted to avoid the fuss she would kick up if she was told she was wrong so went along with it.

hey, this scary stuff to read. this reminds me of nazi germany but only this time its acceptable and even worse other whites go along with it.

what is the end game?
Reply 66
i agree.

but slaves throughout history are not treated like kings are they?

read the op. its doorway into the history of white slavery.

I believe that people talk/teach about the white/black slavery to inform people that slavery is wrong. It is not taught because people want to be anti-white or racist towards Europeans.
Reply 67
Original post by BlueJoker
While I think you have an unbalanced opinion that is too pro-white, you do have a point in that it is one race that has been disgusting in it's treatment of people throughout history. The human race.

People through history of all nationalities, races, religions and politics have been as bad as each other.

Agreed. I think the main problem is that when it 'ended' Whites were on top and Blacks were at the bottom, so they feel the cost of what Whites they now lived side by side with did to them and their ancestors more than they feel the hurt of what some poverty stricken, 'backward', faceless Africans did a longer time ago.
Reply 68
hahahahahahahahahahaha.

a muslim talking about slavery.........

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

i dont understand why thats funny :/
Reply 69
Original post by patrickedore
I believe that people talk/teach about the white/black slavery to inform people that slavery is wrong. It is not taught because people want to be anti-white or racist towards Europeans.

if only i could agree. sadly, slavery history has become a method to promote race hate towards white people.

i don't think its intentional, but, imagine if the history of usury was blamed on jewish people then what do you think would happen? oh, wait, conspiracy theorists already blame jews........

look, whites are not perfect, but they are not the devil like some racist people think.
whites are not the superior race, not even by far. look at the white people in your family and blame them personally for the worlds ills?.......once you find that impossible, then its time to stand up for all white people.

i hate anti white racists. sadly, anti white racism is the fashion in modern western world.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 70
african people are not slaves. they sold their captives into slavery only.

When did I say they were? :s-smilie:

the african americans are the people whos ancestors were sold into slavery. so blame africans for slavery.

Sold into slavery to whom...?

africans are the strong black people it seems. african americans are the weak black people.

You could say that. That could be why some A-Americans dislike the association with Africa and why West Indians don't/didn't used to get along with Africans very much.
Listen, if you're a slave because, for whatever reason your grandfather was a Black-owned slave and sold to a White person, when that White person (or their descendant) is treating you like dirt, you don't hate the Black-slave owner who you never met, you hate the face of the person whipping you.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 71
no, all slaves were sold. sold to rich european and jewish traders by black tribal leaders who wanted to sell their captives.

stop demeaning africans. they are not a weak people. they were involved in the trade.

You are deluded and close-minded. These are qualities that can't be reasoned with or argued against. Good luck to you.
Reply 72

That's outrageous! What kind of stupid teacher doesn't know that Whites had White slaves?! I hope the parents kicked up a fuss!
Reply 73
hey, this scary stuff to read. this reminds me of nazi germany but only this time its acceptable and even worse other whites go along with it.

what is the end game?

Lol!!!!!!! What are you saying?! So Nazi Germany was unacceptable to Germans and none of them went along with it?
Reply 74
Agreed. I think the main problem is that when it 'ended' Whites were on top and Blacks were at the bottom, so they feel the cost of what Whites they now lived side by side with did to them and their ancestors more than they feel the hurt of what some poverty stricken, 'backward', faceless Africans did a longer time ago.

my ancestors were serfs. so are they to blame for the slave trade of rich whites and rich africans?
Is anyone denying that? I think this thread is about Blacks having White slaves moreso than Whites having Black slaves, and the false idea that Whites were only able to take Black slaves because other Blacks gave them up. The Whites were the innocents party, visiting Africa for the beautiful beaches and exotic animals and had slaves forced upon them! Poor old Whitey! Lucky they slave-traders and colonizers treated their captives, oops, I mean purchases/gifts so nicely...

So you do not accept the fact that the transfer of black slaves to white slavers involved an intermediate step of black slavers capturing and selling them to "whitey"?

Ok...have fun with that, I guess it meshes with your belief system better.
Reply 76
You are deluded and close-minded. These are qualities that can't be reasoned with or argued against. Good luck to you.

truth hurts......
Reply 77
if only i could agree. sadly, slavery history has become a method to promote race hate towards white people.

i don't think its intentional, but, imagine if the history of usury was blamed on jewish people then what do you think would happen? oh, wait, conspiracy theorists already blame jews........

look, whites are not perfect, but they are not the devil like some racist people think.
whites are not the superior race, not even by far. look at the white people in your family and blame them personally for the worlds ills?.......once you find that impossible, then its time to stand up for all white people.

i hate anti white racists. sadly, anti white racism is the fashion in modern western world.

In my opinion our society does not promote anti-white racism instead the media seem to be promoting Islamophobia. I dont seem to come across anti white propaganda in the western world really. Maybe things are different in your area.
Reply 78
my ancestors were serfs. so are they to blame for the slave trade of rich whites and rich africans?

If they were slaves themselves, how could they be? Have I blamed your ancestors for anything here? :s-smilie:
Reply 79
Original post by Wucker
So you do not accept the fact that the transfer of black slaves to white slavers involved an intermediate step of black slavers capturing and selling them to "whitey"?

Ok...have fun with that, I guess it meshes with your belief system better.

Please see the word 'only'. Look it up in a dictionary if you must. If you struggle with that, please don't bother butting in to my discussion with someone else again. Thanks.

Quick Reply