The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Is Sherwood Hall any good?

I just accepted my offer at sherwood hall, and i was wondering whether it was any good or not. At first i was a bit worried seeing as its not as pretty as hugh stew or Florence Boot, but i havent seen the inside, and a friend told me it seems pretty cool seeing as it has a rivalry with "the most hated hall" can anyone tell me anything about it? :smile: oh and is anyone doing politics?
I've had a great first year in Sherwood hall. The hall isn't as impressive visually as Hugh Stew or Florence Boot but dont let that put you off. The rooms in Sherwood are great and the hall has an impressive dining room. The JCR is awesome and boasts a 48 inch TV area with every Sky channel, so theres always something to watch.

In terms of location, the hall is in easy walking distance of all the essentials on campus. It's right by the sports centre and swimming pool as well which is very convenient.

If you havent seen what its like inside the hall try checking out: http://www.su.nottingham.ac.uk/weekone/halls/sherwood/ it has some photos of the hall, the one's of the student rooms dont show you that much however.

I hope this helps and that you enjoy your time here this year. I've enjoyed it so much that I've put my name down to stay for a second year :biggrin:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
I'm in Sherwood next year too :smile:

Got a couple of friends at Sherwood at the moment who say it's amazing!
Reply 3
Original post by Donnatmn
I just accepted my offer at sherwood hall, and i was wondering whether it was any good or not. At first i was a bit worried seeing as its not as pretty as hugh stew or Florence Boot, but i havent seen the inside, and a friend told me it seems pretty cool seeing as it has a rivalry with "the most hated hall" can anyone tell me anything about it? :smile: oh and is anyone doing politics?

I'm at Cavendish and was really disappointed that I didn't get into Cripps or Hu Stu on the day I received the offer. As time passed I started thinking "After all other people stay at these halls for an entire academic year and enjoy it. Why wouldn't I? Main thing is I got my first choice. That's what matters more to me. Everything else depends on what I make out of my hall."

So, just get the most out of it and you'll have an awesome time.
Reply 4
all the halls will pretty much have the same atmosphere this year seeing as your specifically choose halls.

sherwood is known for its sportyness however.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending