The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Firmed my university choice - But can I change to Lincoln?

I didn't apply to Lincoln through UCAS. But I did visit an open day last year, it was a close call but I decided not to choose Lincoln. Something I'm now regretting.

This week I visited a friend who's studying there and the people, area, nightlife seems really nice. I then had a look at the course content (something I didn't do at first, stupidly) and it looks really, really amazing!

So here's the story, what are my odd's of possibly getting a place at Lincoln to start in September of this year? I have already firmed another university, a slightly better university overall, and certainly much better for Illustration (the course I plan to apply for). I've already emailled the department enquiring.

The Uni I firmed is still great and I'd be happy staying there, It's just Lincoln really did seem amazing! Cheers.
As you didn't apply through UCAS, i'm not realy sure how that system works. You've done the right thing though, you'll just have to wait for the department to get back to you.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
I didn't apply to Lincoln initially but similarly to you changed my mind. I went through UCAS Extra, it was a couple of years ago but i think i applied mid may and it all worked out fine for me.
You'd have to get your firmed uni to release you, and then apply through clearing or something.
Seems pretty amazing to be fair

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zandec5fA4U

Quick Reply

Latest