Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread II

Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    What was that about putting up a baloon?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Madame Ovativan = regenerated river?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    let's not forget guys that the only reason most of you guys are disappointed is because you knew all the hints and clues beforehand. My brother avoided all spoilers from the start and he's so shocked about the episode.

other things:
    1. did anyone manage to pick up on the soldier enemy man [from the gay agenda couple] saying to the headless monks 'it's a lot of red in here, i hope its not covering up...' something something i don't know the full quote, but RED!
    2. STAR WARS
    3. I don't get why there was a load of 'Jenny' hype, she contributed very little to the episode.
    4. I nearly died when Sontaron Strax died :'( HE WAS A NURSE DAMMIT WHYMOFFATWHY
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    For a second than I thought river was gonna be his wife or something. Thought the cot was for his and rivers children or something
    • 77 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tasneemo)
    let's not forget guys that the only reason most of you guys are disappointed is because you knew all the hints and clues beforehand. My brother avoided all spoilers from the start and he's so shocked about the episode.

other things:
    1. did anyone manage to pick up on the soldier enemy man [from the gay agenda couple] saying to the headless monks 'it's a lot of red in here, i hope its not covering up...' something something i don't know the full quote, but RED!
    2. STAR WARS
    3. I don't get why there was a load of 'Jenny' hype, she contributed very little to the episode.
    4. I nearly died when Sontaron Strax died :'( HE WAS A NURSE DAMMIT WHYMOFFATWHY
    It was Lorna who died, no? But I agree about the hype.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    People don't put up a balloon to announce that they're having sex.
    And timelords do? :lolwut:
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    The only water in the forest is the River.

Told you that you wouldn't guess it until the actual context was given.
    Yeah, I really like how that worked out.
    • 77 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loki276)
    For a second than I thought river was gonna be his wife or something. Thought the cot was for his and rivers children or something
    Same here. F Moffat, getting my hopes up.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why was River's name on the crib? I thought it was the Doctor's crib?

Told you that you wouldn't guess it until the actual context was given. I really liked the way that came together.
    Ah ****, yeah, right. Course. It makes sense now.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tasneemo)
    let's not forget guys that the only reason most of you guys are disappointed is because you knew all the hints and clues beforehand.
    This is very true. Though I wasn't disappointed, I thought it was a great episode, I'm very annoyed with myself for reading all the spoilers and things
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm so confused!!! So if river is part time lord, then how can rory and amy be the parents has none of them are time lord?
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Meh... that really hasn't left me eagerly anticipating the next half of the series. Sure, I want more Doctor Who, but I'm not anticipating it much.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miski)
    I'm more shocked at the teaser of the next episode!

"Let's kill Hitler" :eek:
    Have to wait months for that
    it was such a sad, dramatic episode, and then they showed 'Let's kill Hitler' and I just burst out laughing! it was like 'yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay let's kill hitler!'
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Considering that River is Amy's daughter, that makes her the girl from The Impossible Astronaut, meaning that River is the Astronaut does it not? Correct me if I'm wrong, I can't remember much of The Impossible Astronaut
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:

Told you that you wouldn't guess it until the actual context was given. I really liked the way that came together.
    Me too - it was brilliant. Reading all the speculation and spoilers etc. really made me appreciate how clever the whole thing was.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    This episode was amazinggggggggggg!

But so many questions left unanswered!

Steven Moffat is a genius though!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well of course it's going to be obvious or disappointing if you read spoilers, trawl the internet or spend time in a spoilers and speculation thread. :facepalm2:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    Meh... that really hasn't left me eagerly anticipating the next half of the series. Sure, I want more Doctor Who, but I'm not anticipating it much.
    I know what you mean. But, at least we can hold onto the hope that the episodes in September may surpass our expectations as I for one don't really know what I'm expecting :teeth:
    • 77 followers

ReputationRep:
    It just dawned on me - how was that ending meant to be such an amazing cliffhanger we'd need 3 months to take it in?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slacker07906)
    I'm so confused!!! So if river is part time lord, then how can rory and amy be the parents has none of them are time lord?
    When the kid was conceived, it was exposed to the time vortex whilst on the Tardis (The wedding night when they shagged)

This episode actually tells us quite alot/hints at the origins of Time Lords which is fascinating.

They were also once a human race whose exposure to the schism/vortex on Gallifrey made them time aware
Updated: March 30, 2013
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.