Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread II

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am *SO* excited for this new series. i'm sorry people, but the JCR TV is going to be tuned to Dr Who.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    Regeneration doesn't equal dying,he hasn't yet died.
    It does according to the man himself as The End of Time double showed.

'It still feels like dying. Everything I am dyes and a new man waltz off in my place and I'm dead' or something like that.
    • 163 followers

(Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    I recall deGrasse Tyson mentioning that his buddy who was doing his PhD alongside him found that there was a certain pathway you could take past two gravitationally intertwined black holes that would bend spacetime in such a way that you could travel backwards in time. I also recall Michio Kaku advocating the possibility of time travel, and I believe Hawking has recently revised his position against time travel to state that it's possible.

I don't think there are any physicists who say that it's practically possible, however. The conditions with which they state that it's possible are not deemed realistically achievable as of current scientific knowledge.
    I've got my bets on there being there's more fancy spacetimey type physics we've yet to figure out that would be pretty monumental regarding this, I'm thinking specifically of the old paradox of going back in time and killing your parents. I just can't conceive of it being at all possible for the universe allowing the situation to arise in the first place.

/armchair opinion.
    I removed that Fry post for two reasons: because it took me 20 minutes to comprehend Dalek's words and, after fully understanding what exactly he was attempting to say in such a badly constructed sentence, I saw you browsing the forum and knew I was in for it.

Regeneration doesn't equal dying,he hasn't yet died.
    I'm not sure what more you want... A mass of blood and a doctor declaring his time of death? Because that's also happened.
    • 59 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by montstar)
    Not sure if people know about this but a new Doctor Who 5-part-mini-series-spin-off-type-thing is being launched tomorrow, called Pond Life. It focuses on Amy and Rory's life since the end of the last series and leads up to the start of the next series. It'll be available on the Dr Who website and the Beeb's YouTube channel.

More info here: http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/doctor-w...-off-pond-life
    Does anyone know the start of the omnibus on 301 because I don't watched to watch middle to middle because I presume they will be showing it over and over again,on 301.Does anyone know when Doctor Who Daughter of Karn is released:confused:
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    x
    I have BBC 1 on the TV! My life is made!
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    They won in Series 5,Episode 3though and even though they get defeated I still enjoy watching them and always support them,wishing that they would exterminate the doctor

Its about time they won a lot more often, what's so wrong with them claiming a planet,as long as its not Earth:confused:If Doctor Who was real the doctor would be dead and the Daleks would have won already because noone ever wins that often,thats what makes Doctor Who quite childish sometimes and aimed at kids.It would make it so much more exciting,you wouldn't know who was going to win.
    Put a lawyer to solving legal cases verses a 16 year old, the lawyer would win every time. If one person is much 'better' at something they can always win.
    • 59 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmhumphries)
    Put a lawyer to solving legal cases verses a 16 year old, the lawyer would win every time. If one person is much 'better' at something they can always win.
    Its not a very good analogy because lawyers have been fully trained,whilst 16 year olds haven't-the fair analogy is putting the best lawyer up against a random lawyer each time,even though they are the best they wouldn't win anywhere near 100%.
    • 163 followers

I don't know why anyone bothers... :facepalm2:
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, why don't they just exterminate the Doctor? The rest of the series can be following Amy and Rory around the flat.
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    They won in Series 5,Episode 3though and even though they get defeated I still enjoy watching them and always support them,wishing that they would exterminate the doctor

Its about time they won a lot more often, what's so wrong with them claiming a planet,as long as its not Earth:confused:If Doctor Who was real the doctor would be dead and the Daleks would have won already because noone ever wins that often,thats what makes Doctor Who quite childish sometimes and aimed at kids.It would make it so much more exciting,you wouldn't know who was going to win.
    Well, you'd still know who'd win. Killing off your main hero doesn't really work for continuing the show.

Besides - the daleks have lost so much because, prior to the re-launch (when they somehow gained the ability to fly :unimpressed:) they were kinda crap. C'mon, you could beat them with staircase.
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    Its not a very good analogy because lawyers have been fully trained,whilst 16 year olds haven't-the fair analogy is putting the best lawyer up against a random lawyer each time,even though they are the best they wouldn't win anywhere near 100%.
    Doctor could be considered 'trained' by his experience. Find a 900 year old Dalek, and they will most likely win much more.

Also, you would be surprised, the better the lawyer, you more you pay, the more you win. The best lawyers will have a very high success rate.
    • 59 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alofleicester)
    Well, you'd still know who'd win. Killing off your main hero doesn't really work for continuing the show.

Besides - the daleks have lost so much because, prior to the re-launch (when they somehow gained the ability to fly :unimpressed:) they were kinda crap. C'mon, you could beat them with staircase.
    The daleks could fly at the end of the classic series-who could forget that famous cliffhanger,to Remembrance of the Daleks?
    • 145 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    I have BBC 1 on the TV! My life is made!
    :woo:

I emailed my Calgary mentor to ask if people watch Doctor Who over there :teehee:

(Original post by Alofleicester)
    x
    :five: on avvys!
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    The daleks could fly at the end of the classic series-who could forget that famous cliffhanger,to Remembrance of the Daleks?
    Which would still make it less than 10 appearances (in terms of stories) since they gained that ability and became slightly harder to defeat than just move up the stairs. Nevertheless, they're still glorified salt and pepper shakers.
    Besides, having the doctor lose to the daleks is like having van helsing beaten by Dracula, it just doesn't work, it's not how the show is meant to run.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Liking reviewers calling the episode the best Dalek episode since Dalek. Dalek was easily my favourite 9th Doctor story!
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    Watched the first episode of Pond Life, it was short but funny.

Also, I forgot to post this at the time; my birthday cupcakes from a few months ago :

• 163 followers

They look amazing. :coma:
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to ask as I'm sure its been posted but theres so much new stuff on this thread to look through as I've been away for a while and just started on the last page. Were do you watch this pond life thing?
    • 99 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boba)
    Sorry to ask as I'm sure its been posted but theres so much new stuff on this thread to look through as I've been away for a while and just started on the last page. Were do you watch this pond life thing?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/BBC
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    thank you . ohh now thats made me want the actual series to start so badly
Updated: March 30, 2013
New on TSR

'Stalking pages' have changed!

Find other uni applicants with University Connect

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.