Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread II

Announcements Posted on
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    One question about the iplayer - do the episodes go up pretty much as soon as they finish airing on the tv?

Only kick-off time movement mean I'm gonna be at the football when the first episode is on.
    • 101 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alofleicester)
    One question about the iplayer - do the episodes go up pretty much as soon as they finish airing on the tv?

Only kick-off time movement mean I'm gonna be at the football when the first episode is on.
    Yep. I missed the first 10 minutes of an episode, so decided to wait, and was able to watch it on iPlayer about 10 minutes after it finished on TV. So I'd imagine it's up immediately, if not pretty quickly.
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    Yep. I missed the first 10 minutes of an episode, so decided to wait, and was able to watch it on iPlayer about 10 minutes after it finished on TV. So I'd imagine it's up immediately, if not pretty quickly.
    Excellent, by the time I'm home from the football it should definitely be up then.

Ta very much.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alofleicester)

It's usually done within 15 mins of the programme finishing, but there can sometimes be delays for a few hours if you're unlucky. It's usually a prompt service though
    • 64 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dan2593)
    Liking reviewers calling the episode the best Dalek episode since Dalek. Dalek was easily my favourite 9th Doctor story!
    The most recent best dalek episode is Victory of the Daleks though-that was awesomeAt last the daleks had something to be happy about,The Pandorica Opens/The Big Bang was a better story but it wasn't really too dalek orientated.

Best Dalek episodes(major appearances,new series):
    1.Victory of the Daleks
    2.Army of the Ghosts/Doomsday
    3.Dalek
    4.The Stolen Earth/Journey's End
    5.Bad Wolf/The Parting of the Ways
    6.Daleks in Manhattan/Evolution of the Daleks
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    The most recent best dalek episode is Victory of the Daleks though-that was awesomeAt last the daleks had something to be happy about,The Pandorica Opens/The Big Bang was a better story but it wasn't really too dalek orientated.

Best Dalek episodes(major appearances,new series):
    1.Victory of the Daleks
    2.Army of the Ghosts/Doomsday
    3.Dalek
    4.The Stolen Earth/Journey's End
    5.Bad Wolf/The Parting of the Ways
    6.Daleks in Manhattan/Evolution of the Daleks
    Lol. Just lol.
    • 64 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feefifofum)
    Lol. Just lol.
    Why are you laughing out loud?Victory of the Daleks was the 8th best Doctor Who story,from Matt Smith's era.
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    It was ****ing terrible. Coloured Daleks, wtf.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why are you laughing out loud?Victory of the Daleks was the 8th best Doctor Who story,from Matt Smith's era.
    Because everyone else I have ever spoken to about it has thought it was a terrible episode and that the Daleks were so completely unthreatening that no-one could take them seriously. They looked like Teletubbies.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Because everyone else I have ever spoken to about it has thought it was a terrible episode and that the Daleks were so completely unthreatening that no-one could take them seriously. They looked like Teletubbies.
    If you look at what Teletubbies actually are, they are quite frightening.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It was a terrible episode. One of the earliest ones filmed. Look at Matt and Karens performance in that compared to now. Huge improvement.
    • 64 followers

ReputationRep:
    They seemed very threatening,when the Doctor was talking to them in the Tardis Scanner and why is the fact they had different colours,make them not very frightening-I bet you would be frightened if an army of extremely pale,white,half white-half black,black and really black people were invading your street.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just don't find the Daleks very scary. :dontknow:

Bring back the gas mask children! (Not really as wouldn't want them to be ruined like the weeping angels)
    • 64 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    I just don't find the Daleks very scary. :dontknow:

Bring back the gas mask children! (Not really as wouldn't want them to be ruined like the weeping angels)
    I don't find the new Daleks very scary-thats not the point of them or the show generally,none of the monsters are really very scary and the gas mask children was a very silly Doctor Who monster idea.
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't find the new Daleks very scary-thats not the point of them or the show generally,none of the monsters are really very scary and the gas mask children was a very silly Doctor Who monster idea.
    I'm going to just assume you're trolling from now on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    I'm going to just assume you're trolling from now on
    I've been doing that for the last 6 months
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    They seemed very threatening,when the Doctor was talking to them in the Tardis Scanner and why is the fact they had different colours,make them not very frightening-I bet you would be frightened if an army of extremely pale,white,half white-half black,black and really black people were invading your street.
    :rofl3:
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    how could someone say the gas mask children were a bad doctor who idea do you have no soul?
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boba)
    how could someone say the gas mask children were a bad doctor who idea do you have no soul?
    Them and the weeping angels were the scariest monsters of the revived series - both a bit too "real" for my liking.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Okay, okay, okay. Hello! I have literally just signed up for this website, and the second thing I've done (aside from posting the whole introductory post) is look for a Doctor Who thread, and I have so many feels now! Doctor Who seems to be one of the most important things in my life and I'm fangirling like crazy, especially as the new series is just about to come out. So, hello! I'm Chloe, it's nice to meet you all. My favourite Doctor is Eleven and I think my favourite companion so far is Donna, with Amy and Martha coming in close second. I've been told I look a little like the new companion, Jenna-Louise Coleman, and I genuinely cannot wait to meet her, even if I know I'm going to miss the Ponds. c:
Updated: March 30, 2013
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.