The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SirMasterKey
What was naff about it the second time was the whole let's not send them back in time to feed off the energy we actually need but instead let's just snap necks. :lolwut:

Yeah I didn't get that either. They needed that to happen once so that the angels could get a voice, but otherwise I don't understand. I guess they could have sent Father Octavian back in time, we didn't actually see how he died.
Anyone watching Pond Life? Just watched them and Amy and Rory really don't like right for some reason. :erm:

Original post by Feefifofum
Yeah I didn't get that either. They needed that to happen once so that the angels could get a voice, but otherwise I don't understand. I guess they could have sent Father Octavian back in time, we didn't actually see how he died.

I thought with the sound at the time it was implied that it was via a snapped neck as well.
Reply 7902
They didn't need the energy the second time as they were feeding off the ships radiation which was much more effective. Speculation and spoilers suggest that they go back to their feeding ways in the New York episode this series.
I presume everybody knows that Karen is leaving as Amy Pond in episode 6... sob.
My question is, are you excited about the change? Do you think the new companion will be able to fill such big shoes?

I am, but I will miss Amy Pond so much!
I feel like I grow to love the new companions more than the one before, but she really will be tough to beat. Every time I get used to one, they change companions!

Does anybody know if Rory is leaving too?
Anyone watching Pond Life? Just watched them and Amy and Rory really don't like right for some reason. :erm:

I thought with the sound at the time it was implied that it was via a snapped neck as well.

I'm watching the BBC red button omnibus of Pond Life.The Angelsa killed people,by snapping their necks so they could get rid of them because they saw them as a threat and they didn't need the energy,as they were getting it fro9m the spaceship.Sending them back in time,could have still alerted the planet to the upcoming danger and they could have prepared for it,where as the people in Blink were civillians who wouldn't have been able to have a major influence on the Angels being stopped by going back in time and the Angels in that episode,were extremely hungry.
Original post by Dalek1099
I'm watching the BBC red button omnibus of Pond Life.The Angelsa killed people,by snapping their necks so they could get rid of them because they saw them as a threat and they didn't need the energy,as they were getting it fro9m the spaceship.Sending them back in time,could have still alerted the planet to the upcoming danger and they could have prepared for it,where as the people in Blink were civillians who wouldn't have been able to have a major influence on the Angels being stopped by going back in time and the Angels in that episode,were extremely hungry.

Pretty sure that the civilisation had died out many years before the angels though? So how could they prepare anyone for the angels coming if they were sent back in time to a time by themselves?
Pretty sure that the civilisation had died out many years before the angels though? So how could they prepare anyone for the angels coming if they were sent back in time to a time by themselves?

I doubt the weeping angels could send them that far back-in Blink,they looked as if they could only send them back a 100 years at a push and based on the SJA story Lost in Time an influence can easily be made on the timeline from 100 years ago.
I doubt the weeping angels could send them that far back-in Blink,they looked as if they could only send them back a 100 years at a push and based on the SJA story Lost in Time an influence can easily be made on the timeline from 100 years ago.

Not if the bleeding civilisation had been wiped out. If you're sent back to a time where it's just you - short of carving a massive message into the wall (what are they going to do that with?) - what can you do to warn people of the danger?
If anything, in Blink the risk of them being forewarned was higher, because people were being sent back to a time when there were other people around.
Original post by Alofleicester
Not if the bleeding civilisation had been wiped out. If you're sent back to a time where it's just you - short of carving a massive message into the wall (what are they going to do that with?) - what can you do to warn people of the danger?
If anything, in Blink the risk of them being forewarned was higher, because people were being sent back to a time when there were other people around.

Civilisation would have been around though,with the 2 headed creatures and they would have been able to warn the humans-the people being made soldiers gives them authority and was too big of risk and the Angels didn't need the energy so why not just kill them because they were trying to stop the weeeping angels' plans-Angel Bob wanted to take over the universe:eek:
Civilisation would have been around though,with the 2 headed creatures and they would have been able to warn the humans-the people being made soldiers gives them authority and was too big of risk and the Angels didn't need the energy so why not just kill them because they were trying to stop the weeeping angels' plans-Angel Bob wanted to take over the universe:eek:

The civilisation died out, and I quote "400 years ago" according to River Song. They would not have been around that long ago.

And given the Angel was in the byzantium and hadn't crashed yet - what would anyone know of the angels anyway?
(edited 11 years ago)
The angels could send a person back as far as they wanted. All we were told was 'back in time' - this 'only about 100 years' thing is not from the programmes. Just because 2 people were sent back not that far it doesn't mean that's the limit of their power. It's your own supposition. So there's nothing from the shows to say that they couldn't send people back further - before civilisation, for example. They can also send people to different places - in Blink, the girl was sent from London to Hull.

Anyway, as people have said, they do that to feed on the energy, which they didn't need after the Byzantium had crashed. They just needed to get people out of the way.
The angels could send a person back as far as they wanted. All we were told was 'back in time' - this 'only about 100 years' thing is not from the programmes. Just because 2 people were sent back not that far it doesn't mean that's the limit of their power. It's your own supposition. So there's nothing from the shows to say that they couldn't send people back further - before civilisation, for example. They can also send people to different places - in Blink, the girl was sent from London to Hull.

Anyway, as people have said, they do that to feed on the energy, which they didn't need after the Byzantium had crashed. They just needed to get people out of the way.

In Blink, wasn't it said that each Angel sends people back a set amount of time - hence why that policeman got sent back to the same time as the Doctor?

If the spaceship energy was better for them, why didn't they go to a nuclear power plant or something in Blink?
Original post by rmhumphries
In Blink, wasn't it said that each Angel sends people back a set amount of time - hence why that policeman got sent back to the same time as the Doctor?

If the spaceship energy was better for them, why didn't they go to a nuclear power plant or something in Blink?

You're right - "BILLY: How did I get here?
DOCTOR: The same way we did. The touch of an angel. Same one, probably, since you ended up in the same year. No, no. No, no, no, don't get up. Time travel without a capsule. Nasty. Catch your breath. Don't go swimming for half an hour."

What they were after in Blink was time energy, so they wanted the Tardis. In the 11th doctor episodes they were after the radiation from the crashed ship because they were dying - we don't know why they were dying before, why they couldn't just go and find some other people to zap into the past...

"DOCTOR: The hyperdrive would've split on impact. That whole ship's going to be flooded with drive burn radiation, cracked electrons, gravity storms. Deadly to almost any living thing.
OCTAVIAN: Deadly to an Angel?
DOCTOR: Dinner to an Angel. The longer we leave it there, the stronger it will grow. Who built that temple? Are they still around? "
You're right - "BILLY: How did I get here?
DOCTOR: The same way we did. The touch of an angel. Same one, probably, since you ended up in the same year. No, no. No, no, no, don't get up. Time travel without a capsule. Nasty. Catch your breath. Don't go swimming for half an hour."

What they were after in Blink was time energy, so they wanted the Tardis. In the 11th doctor episodes they were after the radiation from the crashed ship because they were dying - we don't know why they were dying before, why they couldn't just go and find some other people to zap into the past...

"DOCTOR: The hyperdrive would've split on impact. That whole ship's going to be flooded with drive burn radiation, cracked electrons, gravity storms. Deadly to almost any living thing.
OCTAVIAN: Deadly to an Angel?
DOCTOR: Dinner to an Angel. The longer we leave it there, the stronger it will grow. Who built that temple? Are they still around? "

Aye. Lets assume they were dying because no-one has been around for 400 years. So they get better on the spaceship energy - but then surely time energy is their preferred energy, or they would have went for radiation energy on Earth. Hence why it is not seem to make sense that once they are moving again, and have energy to snap people's necks - they don't send people back in time as a tastier meal.
Original post by rmhumphries
Aye. Lets assume they were dying because no-one has been around for 400 years. So they get better on the spaceship energy - but then surely time energy is their preferred energy, or they would have went for radiation energy on Earth. Hence why it is not seem to make sense that once they are moving again, and have energy to snap people's necks - they don't send people back in time as a tastier meal.

Because at that point they're not bothered by the spaceship radiation as much as the time energy coming from the crack in time - that's what they're really after.

I don't understand why they didn't go after the Tardis again, since that was their aim last time, but this time they just ignore it completely...
Yeah Rory is leaving as well as far as I know. I know what happens to Amy too which I'm guessing alot of people
Do tbh. Doubt he would just stay with the doctor. I'm looking forward to the change tbf since never really liked amy that much.. I'm looking forward to finding out a new companions story, getting to know one etc. :smile:
Karens leaving?

Ffs, theres the eye candy gone -_-

The companions always manage to do well i feel. Some i like more than others, similar to the doctor himself, but thats something you have to live with with the show. I'm not excited about these guys leaving because i like them and Karen is hot as hell, but wont stop me liking and enjoying the show, i imagine the new people will fill the role pretty well
Reply 7917
doctor who is a stupid show, so no :colonhash:
[video="youtube;HFxYDDnf6v8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFxYDDnf6v8&feature=player_embedded[/video]
Wow, who watches the last episode of Pond Life? Such a strange turning point, I'm hoping that it's a false heron and everything's going to be OK for tomorrow between those two!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Latest