The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
In progress the whole time...

And then you hear a beep when the camera pans to the Doctor's face.

Oh - so that's just the scan working, it comes to an actual decision when the camera pans? Interesting... :holmes:
So many questions. :moon:

If she isn't pregnant, then this is Moffat misleading us? Could it be? Why would he provide such obvious clues like a little girl regenerating, Amy talking about the effects of pregnancy and a picture of Amy holding a baby in the girl's room - and then leave us on a flickering pregnancy scanner. All that in episode 2. So early on. And we know there are cliffhangers coming.

Seems like a massive red herring to make us think the little girl is Amy's daughter...

Otherwise, these sort of revelations would come later in the series, and there would be little point in showing us some of these things as when the revelation does come, nearly everyone (if not everyone) would go "Yeah, erm we knew".

Indeedy...
EDIT: sorry, realise that says shockingly, pointlessly little - just wanted to express the 'strokey beard moment' you'd prompted, without having anything to add.
Original post by greeneyedgirl
It is just TOO obviously her baby to actually be her baby (if that makes ANY sense!)

Plus I've held many a baby and had stomach pains...yet as far as I know I've got no children roaming around the earth!

Exactly, as far as you know.
Am I right in thinking that next week's ep is basically a filler (no doubt a very good one) in that there won't be any River/Silent/Amy Baby stuff?
Reply 1002
I wonder if the silents eat and if so, what? And how do they mate? Because they all look male to me. But maybe it's just the suits.
[

Cheers. :h:

You should put it in with the pics in the spoiler on the front page. Which I might also suggest as there is so many already that you split them in half and put half in one spoiler and half in the other?
Original post by BookWormShanti
Am I right in thinking that next week's ep is basically a filler (no doubt a very good one) in that there won't be any River/Silent/Amy Baby stuff?

I think overall it might be but they might be a little bit in it that is signifcant later on for the overall series.
Curiously, Gaiman said his episode (4) is almost completely River free.

Apparently the eye patch lady will be making an appearance. Not official or confirmed.

Frances Barber? I thought she wasn't back til 7, cool though. Even though it's called the Doctor's Wife? Interesting! Though that's Idris, obviously (as the tardis? - which makes no sense to me, but there you go)
If he's the last Time Lord, why hasn't he spent the past few hundred years going around populating the universe with baby time lords, obviously they'd only be half time lord, but it would be better than them dying out completely!
This was so sad. :sad:

Spoiler

An image, not a spoiler.

And in SitL, when she dies and tells the Doctor she will die instead of him as otherwise they'll never meet :frown:
Original post by miike1234
If he's the last Time Lord, why hasn't he spent the past few hundred years going around populating the universe with baby time lords, obviously they'd only be half time lord, but it would be better than them dying out completely!

I don't think it quite works like that. :wink:

I shall. :yep: And this one:

Spoiler

Awesome!

Blimey, Mark 1 took 5 years to get 10k posts. We've had almost 1k in 2 days :eek3:
Reply 1009
Original post by miike1234

That might be a bit dangerous dont you think. A bunch of half time lords scattered around the universe. They could easily be taken advantage of. And there is Jenny.
Reply 1010
Original post by SirMasterKey
I don't think it quite works like that. :wink:

Awesome!

Blimey, Mark 1 took 5 years to get 10k posts. We've had almost 1k in 2 days :eek3:

I wonder how long before thread III :curious:
I geuss theres just too much :cyber: and not enough :work:
Reply 1011
Just took me ages to finally ctach up with all these posts. Decided to just read from 6.45 yesterday :tongue:

Everything I was gonna say has been mentioned in one way or another so I don't have anything to add, other than I thought the two opening episodes are possibly my favourite 2-parter and easily the best start to a Dr Who series.

Also I got a win on Saturday after my gf, who reguarly takes the micky out of me for liking Dr Who, said to me after watching it "That was pretty good actually"

:smug:
Original post by humy369
I wonder how long before thread III :curious:
I geuss theres just too much :cyber: and not enough :work:

lol like the doctors themselves they are regenerating quicker and quicker lol
How did the girl get from Florida to New York? Was she hurt along the way, or hurt before she got there?

Although... where was the orphanage? I forget.
Original post by LastLordofTime
How did the girl get from Florida to New York? Was she hurt along the way, or hurt before she got there?

And why does it take her 6 (or 9) months to regenerate?

I really can't stop thinking about that.

Besides Amy thought she missed although she clearly hit the suit and the girl seemed to have knowledge of her regeneration.

Argh Moffat. :angry:
Original post by LastLordofTime

I reckon she was hurt when she got there [i.e. just before we saw her].

I'm not sure where the orphanage was though.
Original post by sleekchic
And why does it take her 6 (or 9) months to regenerate?
I really can't stop thinking about that.

Besides Amy thought she missed although she clearly hit the suit and the girl seemed to have knowledge of her regeneration.
Argh Moffat. :angry:

See my post above. Although how long did it take DT to regenerate?

Not her first? :holmes:

and

Maybe the child's just unstable and just spontaneously and randomly regenerates :holmes:
Original post by SirMasterKey
See my post above. Although how long did it take DT to regenerate?

Not her first? :holmes:

and

It didn't take DT 6/9 months to regenerate.

I'm guessing either it wasn't her first or it was her first but she already knew about regenerations because of instinct or because she had been brought up with the knowledge.
Reply 1019
I think she slowly dies and regenerates every time, maybe the only thing keeping her alive was the spacesuit. Possibly due to the donna doctor thing becoming unstable, maybe thats whats killing her. Just a thought. Maybe thats why she knows whats going to happen to her because she's died a few times before.

Latest

Trending

Trending