The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I prefered Donna tbh, there were less 'save me' or infatuation moments with her than the others or Amy Pond, plus she had an interesting personality.
Reply 1061
I was thinking...

The episode thread seemed to have much less activity than normal, so would it perhaps be an idea to have a collective agreement 'banning' posts in this thread during episodes? :holmes:
Reply 1062
Original post by wabbajack123
I got that. I just meant that this defeat may have not been a defeat. And that the silents have been planning something. I mean even with the girl running off. Surely she couldn't have done that without the silent's knowledge?

hm I never thought about how the girl got away until you mentioned that!
Reply 1063
Maybe the girl has aspects of the TARDIS so she can time travel at will? Or maybe she's a manifestation of one of their false TARDIS's like Idris but with one of the silents one?

Gah, i dunno, i just want to KNOW everything! :P
Reply 1064
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Ironically, fall in discussion fell with ratings. I'd rather have discussion run parallel here tbh. Reasons being all speculation is already here, and we can just build upon it based on events of a recent episode.

That's just my take. Would be interesting see what others think.

I did see the viewing figures and I was initially shocked but the timeslot is ridiculous. Most shopping centres don't shut until 6 at the absolute earliest on a Saturday. Then there is the trip home which is say an average of 30 minutes. Shop assistants won't be home until close to 7, most of them of an age DW is aiming at.

It really should be on at 6:45 at the absolute earliest tbh.
Curse of the Black Spot teasers (not sure if posted... can't be bothered to read back XD)

Spoiler

Reply 1066
I know I don't post much I mostly just lurk but I find it easier to follow just one thread
Reply 1067
Original post by LastLordofTime
Curse of the Black Spot teasers (not sure if posted... can't be bothered to read back XD)

Spoiler

- just realised I don't know how to use spoilers :redface:
Original post by Mess.
I did see the viewing figures and I was initially shocked but the timeslot is ridiculous. Most shopping centres don't shut until 6 at the absolute earliest on a Saturday. Then there is the trip home which is say an average of 30 minutes. Shop assistants won't be home until close to 7, most of them of an age DW is aiming at.

It really should be on at 6:45 at the absolute earliest tbh.

There's more to the schedule than Doctor Who, though. So you think you can dance is an hour and 15 minutes, which if it went before Doctor Who would put Doctor Who starting at 7:15 and finishing at 8, which they might think is too late or might have thought Sing if you Can would be a big challenge for Doctor Who's more casual audience, and so it would lose those viewers.
Reply 1069

There's more to the schedule than Doctor Who, though. So you think you can dance is an hour and 15 minutes, which if it went before Doctor Who would put Doctor Who starting at 7:15 and finishing at 8, which they might think is too late or might have thought Sing if you Can would be a big challenge for Doctor Who's more casual audience, and so it would lose those viewers.

SYTYCD has a really, really poor share of viewers and in reality almost nobody watches it. DW would get a much better viewing figure if it was on later, especially 19:15 compared to 18:00.
The BBC should compete for its viewers rather than just allowing ITV to do what it wants on a Saturday.

Also, I think the fact that iPlayer is absolutely amazing counts against the BBC for actual viewing figures because everyone knows you can get a good quality online soon after it has been aired. Whereas ITV Player is absolutely *******s so people feel more of a need to watch it live.
Original post by Mess.
SYTYCD has a really, really poor share of viewers and in reality almost nobody watches it. DW would get a much better viewing figure if it was on later, especially 19:15 compared to 18:00.
The BBC should compete for its viewers rather than just allowing ITV to do what it wants on a Saturday.

Also, I think the fact that iPlayer is absolutely amazing counts against the BBC for actual viewing figures because everyone knows you can get a good quality online soon after it has been aired. Whereas ITV Player is absolutely *******s so people feel more of a need to watch it live.

I watch it :s
Reply 1071
Original post by greeneyedgirl

I watch it :s

I really, really do not get it :no: It doesn't even seem like a poor version of SCD, which has its own charm :h:
It is just piss poor :dontknow: Would you prefer DW on in its time slow or DW first?
Original post by Mess.
I really, really do not get it :no: It doesn't even seem like a poor version of SCD, which has its own charm :h:
It is just piss poor :dontknow: Would you prefer DW on in its time slow or DW first?

Tbh I watch it because it fits in exactly between DW and BGT...plus there are one couple on there who I want to get married and have kids...and maybe by watching I could get that to happen!

I like having DW at the start of my watching for Saturday night as the rest de-scares me pre bed!
I watch it as well. Only for the hot dancers, mind :ahee:
Reply 1074

Tbh I watch it because it fits in exactly between DW and BGT...plus there are one couple on there who I want to get married and have kids...and maybe by watching I could get that to happen!

I like having DW at the start of my watching for Saturday night as the rest de-scares me pre bed!

:rofl: Such a girl :p:

Although I must admit, my nerves were shredded watching DW last night. I don't think an episode on tv has ever struck such an emotional chord with me as last nights one :s-smilie:

I think in a strange way this thread helps to make it seem 'bigger' and 'more real' :lolwut:
Original post by Mess.
:rofl: Such a girl :p:

Although I must admit, my nerves were shredded watching DW last night. I don't think an episode on tv has ever struck such an emotional chord with me as last nights one :s-smilie:

I think in a strange way this thread helps to make it seem 'bigger' and 'more real' :lolwut:

How can it be 'more real' it is real. And so is Harry Potter. :wizard:
Reply 1076

How can it be 'more real' it is real. And so is Harry Potter. :wizard:

They are clearly documentaries tbf :yep:
Original post by Mess.
They are clearly documentaries tbf :yep:

Most definitely :smile:
Original post by NaturalDisaster
Martha was a great companion. I mean, she travelled all around the world for a year on her own to save the Doctor, Rose never did that.

That's what I thought. Ok, she fancied him but I don't think it overpowered Doctor Who as Rose did. I mean, c'mon, it's David Tennant with a sonic screwdriver and a time machine.... who wouldn't fancy him?
Original post by Arekkusu
as was David Tennant as the Doctor.

...How?

The only thing I don't like about the new series is all this River Song rubbish

...How?

...she has zero chemistry with the Doctor.

And how?!!

Latest