The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

River Song is just an anomoly.
Original post by sleekchic
Thanks for that it kind of makes sense but as the Doctor knows her less with each adventure. Shouldn't the last kiss be closer to the meeting in the Library?

This assumes their timeline is strictly linear/opposite. It wouldn't make sense that there is if they needed to sync diaries, as everything would be new and they would remember not to tell each other anything that has happened with each other previously.
Beware, there's a bit of nekedness (Matt Smith and Daisy Lowe)

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by LastLordofTime
This assumes their timeline is strictly linear/opposite. It wouldn't make sense that there is if they needed to sync diaries, as everything would be new and they would remember not to tell each other anything that has happened with each other previously.

The timeline is annoying although I suppose that's what makes their relationship so interesting.

But couldn't they both just wait until they know each very well (eg the future Doctor and River) and then arrange to meet at a certain point and travel?

It would probably help my poor brain.
Reply 1145
Original post by sheep_go_baa
Beware, there's a bit of nekedness (Matt Smith and Daisy Lowe)

Spoiler

is there something wrong with me that my first thought at seeing that was lol tanlines
Original post by Rascacielos
It's Arthur Darvill not Davrill. :frown:

Dammit, hoisted by someone else's spelling mistake, influenced by my need for attention and lack of motivation today to find out the facts for myself due to tiredness.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Think I might have spotted the answer now. Doctor post-hypnotically suggests that there may be one/will be one behind her so she should shoot it. It could just mean in the sense of 'killing that Silent' but the way he says it by turning his back on the Silent and using those words 'plus him behind' is the exact way she does it.

Anyone notice in the actual episode that one disappears when we get the same shot again?

However could be. However would she have remembered that as at the time she wasn't facing a Silent and information about them also goes when you look away.
Reply 1148
I think river just either heard it behind her or knew it was there because of Rorys face, and that was only included to look impressive.
I just assumed the shooting behind was to prove how much of a total badass she is, didn't think it was something to look into in detail :colondollar:
I'm not still in love with the relationship. I move on with the show.
Original post by boba
is there something wrong with me that my first thought at seeing that was lol tanlines

My first thoughts were "lucky git", tbh.
Reply 1152
Original post by dirtyoldriver
I just assumed the shooting behind was to prove how much of a total badass she is, didn't think it was something to look into in detail :colondollar:

I don't think it is. although I think I've been converted into thinking rivers comment when she shoots at the suit means she knows something
Original post by dirtyoldriver

Might well be the case but then you question, how did she know it was there?
Reply 1155
Original post by TheCrackInTime
My first thoughts were "lucky git", tbh.

maybe if I was lesbian, but shes not THAT special. Amy on the other hand:coma:.

there was a picture on tsr on someones sig of the actress who plays her and I developed a bit of a girl crush on her, and then she appeared on dr who:dance:
Original post by boba

there was a picture on tsr on someones sig of the actress who plays her and I developed a bit of a girl crush on her, and then she appeared on dr who:dance:

You should join the Karen Gillan Lovers. :awesome:
Original post by boba

boba, do this!
Original post by ??????????????????

Posted before on the old thead. :tongue:

Interesting isn't it? Both hat little movement off screen and those shadows behind the sarcophaguses.
Reply 1158
:awesome:

Original post by SirMasterKey
boba, do this!

Posted before on the old thead. :tongue:

Interesting isn't it? Both hat little movement off screen and those shadows behind the sarcophaguses.

Original post by boba
:awesome:

:five:

Latest