The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gemini92
The whole roman thing is from the last two episodes of the last series (The Pandorica Opens and The Big Bang) where Rory appears as part of an Auton roman legion (with memories of a roman) at Stonehenge in 109AD as part of the alliance of aliens plan to trap the Doctor to prevent the TARDIS exploding. Then, when Amy was inside the Pandorica to save her life, Rory guarded it for 2000 years until it could be opened by Amelia (young Amy). After the universe was restarted, Rory kept the memories from his time as an Auton Centurion.

I hope you can follow that.

Ah. Makes a whole lot of sense now. Cheers. :tongue:

Though it would have been awesome if Rory was some form of immortal roman.

Yeah, I should really catch up. :colondollar:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Collection of gifs and pictures for your viewing please. :pierre:

Amy Pond/Karen gifs

Spoiler

Rory Williams

Spoiler

River Song

Spoiler

Doctor/General

Spoiler

First 'Doctor' one has made me realise that all of the companions travelling with him have hit him at some point. :teehee:

I love the NineTenEleven pic :flutter:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
I found these points to be the most interesting:

These episodes are a pivotal part of this year’s story arc

Some whispered words in the second half of the story will have “mind-blowing significance”

Huge surprises, including the chance to hear “some voices from the past”

Ends on a massive cliffhanger that spin us off into the mid-series finale

Any thoughts?

That in poster form would be awesome.

I'd love to have a poster like that- I like how the pic captured the emotions on each face- CE looks mildly amused, DT a bit bewildered and MS somewhat smug. Which is what I liked in their doctors
Whispered words- River spoilers?
Voices from the past sounds intriguing (bet its the Vashta Nerada :p:)
The Rebel Flesh two parter will deal with clones, i think.
Check out the dalek in the latest South Park episode
Reply 1346
^ That cartoon is heartbreaking! It totally summarises how I felt about the Silence; were they really evil? I mean, they didn't really do anything wrong that we know about other than killing the lady in that toilet and standing in the shadows for a bit. They're also pretty creepy looking if that matters.

My theory about the regenerating girl at the end of last week's episode is that she's Rory and Amy's child who's been expose to something inside the TARDIS - You know how Amy was worrying if the baby would have a 'time head' or something? Well, maybe it became a time lord-ish creature with a 'time head.'

And my theory about the whole pregnant-not pregnant business inside the TARDIS is that in one reality, Amy is pregnant but in another she is not. It's what Terry Pratchett calls 'the trousers of time.' In one leg, the Doctor is dead and Amy has a child - In the other, she's not and the Doctor lives.
Or... the Silents did something to Amy when they captured her? Who knows? And what about that weird face in the door way, "Don't worry, she's dreaming." Eugh, Moffat!
Reply 1347
Schrodingers baby theory :biggrin:

But i dont think she was both pregnant and not pregnant, a few people have said that the tardis reached a conlusion at the end, only we didnt get to see it.

I hate reading this when i'm at school, all the pictures and gifs get blocked :frown:
Reply 1348
I was thinking about the '6th person' that can be seen during the Doctor's death scene in TIA as well as the hut that he was standing next to, and the fact that it's been questioned where the 'future doctors' TARDIS is...

Is it possible that the hut is the future Doc's TARDIS with a fixed chameleon circuit? :dontknow: obviously this doesn't make it any clearer who the 6th person is, could be just a production error for all I know. :rolleyes:

I guess knowing whether the hut was built purposefully for the scene or whether it was already there would help in finding out about it... :yep:
I bought the current issue of DWM today. The poster is one half of the pic below. The one with River and Rory. :biggrin:

Original post by Yoghurt
I was thinking about the '6th person' that can be seen during the Doctor's death scene in TIA as well as the hut that he was standing next to, and the fact that it's been questioned where the 'future doctors' TARDIS is...

Is it possible that the hut is the future Doc's TARDIS with a fixed chameleon circuit? :dontknow: obviously this doesn't make it any clearer who the 6th person is, could be just a production error for all I know. :rolleyes:
It's possible that it's the future Doctor's TARDIS with a fixed chameleon circuit but it doesn't answer who the 6th person is. Could it be the current Doctor who pretends not to know that the future Doctor sent the letter? A younger Canton? A different Amy/Rory/River? A future future Doctor? Someone we haven't seen yet or someone we've missed? Or a production error?

If it's a production error... :angry:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1350
Personally I question whether that doctor that died even was the doctor.....I mean we still dont know why he returned to that time knowing the suit or whoever was in it would kill him or so it certainly appears, and in all the hundreds of years age gap between first encountering it he never thought of something? For all we know it could be like the Xmen comic when Xavier died only to find out months later it was a shape changer that volunteered to take his place as he knew it was coming....

Basically I cant see their being a spare tardis as I dont believe the doctor is dead, maybe im in denial lol, but I cant see the makers saying Matt Smith will be our last ever doctor which is what would be the case if he was truly killed before he could regenerate

As for the child im thinking either it is Amy's child as seems to have been strongly suggested (maybe the silence altered the DNA or added some doctor into her) but I think more likely its the baby becomes part time lord...remember the dalek revived as people travelling in time collect those molecules? well being born and cells growing as being exposed who knows

Plus lets not forget the female 'daughter/cloned dna' of David tennants doctor, it could be an incarnation of her, her child, who knows maybe amy is a reincarnation of her that lost her memory and thats why the kid seems part time lord! Not long after she met her he did say "no you look time lord" when she accused him of looking human ( i know im taking that out of context :tongue:)
Original post by Greg1989
Personally I question whether that doctor that died even was the doctor.....I mean we still dont know why he returned to that time knowing the suit or whoever was in it would kill him or so it certainly appears, and in all the hundreds of years age gap between first encountering it he never thought of something? For all we know it could be like the Xmen comic when Xavier died only to find out months later it was a shape changer that volunteered to take his place as he knew it was coming....

Basically I cant see their being a spare tardis as I dont believe the doctor is dead, maybe im in denial lol, but I cant see the makers saying Matt Smith will be our last ever doctor which is what would be the case if he was truly killed before he could regenerate

As for the child im thinking either it is Amy's child as seems to have been strongly suggested (maybe the silence altered the DNA or added some doctor into her) but I think more likely its the baby becomes part time lord...remember the dalek revived as people travelling in time collect those molecules? well being born and cells growing as being exposed who knows

Plus lets not forget the female 'daughter/cloned dna' of David tennants doctor, it could be an incarnation of her, her child, who knows maybe amy is a reincarnation of her that lost her memory and thats why the kid seems part time lord! Not long after she met her he did say "no you look time lord" when she accused him of looking human ( i know im taking that out of context :tongue:)

It's definitely the Doctor. No question of that.
Reply 1352
Original post by greeneyedgirl
It's definitely the Doctor. No question of that.

do you have a reason for being so sure? as I say part of my scepticism is as we know so little about why he would just go to his death like that, not to mention why the BBC would essentially kill off the doctor considering the popularity lol

but also partly on how when that doctor was talking to river he wasnt going off memories of what he did with her he read it all from a diary which anyone could read so who knows
Original post by jinx!
^ That cartoon is heartbreaking! It totally summarises how I felt about the Silence; were they really evil? I mean, they didn't really do anything wrong that we know about other than killing the lady in that toilet and standing in the shadows for a bit. They're also pretty creepy looking if that matters.

My theory about the regenerating girl at the end of last week's episode is that she's Rory and Amy's child who's been expose to something inside the TARDIS - You know how Amy was worrying if the baby would have a 'time head' or something? Well, maybe it became a time lord-ish creature with a 'time head.'

And my theory about the whole pregnant-not pregnant business inside the TARDIS is that in one reality, Amy is pregnant but in another she is not. It's what Terry Pratchett calls 'the trousers of time.' In one leg, the Doctor is dead and Amy has a child - In the other, she's not and the Doctor lives.
Or... the Silents did something to Amy when they captured her? Who knows? And what about that weird face in the door way, "Don't worry, she's dreaming." Eugh, Moffat!

Omg, someone who likes both Terry Pratchett and Dr Who :five:
Well, killing that lady and kidnapping Amy and that little girl is evil, surely :p: They havent shown the Silents commit anything else, but I bet they would come back.
I think its Amy's child too. Is that lady in the door Madame Kovarian person (don't google, its a spoiler)
Guys Matt Smith was on Radio One earlier on. Didn't reveal a lot but I couldn't really hear as was being seen to in the hair dressers.

Was between 1.30-2.00ish
Reply 1355
It could be possible that The Doctor told Old Canton to tell the others that it's most definitely the doctor just for whatever reason it's important that the companions think i's the doctor.

Or at least, i would think that, if it wasn't for the fact that Moffat said it's 'definitely the doctor' in confidential.
Original post by Yoghurt
It could be possible that The Doctor told Old Canton to tell the others that it's most definitely the doctor just for whatever reason it's important that the companions think i's the doctor.

Or at least, i would think that, if it wasn't for the fact that Moffat said it's 'definitely the doctor' in confidential.

Moffat lies.
Original post by cambo211
Moffat lies.

Plus it wouldn't be the first time the Doctor has faked his death (The Big Bang).
Reply 1358
Finally caved in and decided to read this thread, never going to get any revision done! :facepalm:
I love this thread :ahee:

Latest