Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

£5/week more worth it for new build?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I have to apply for the accommodation at Aston and can't decide out of Lakeside and New Build. Lakeside is £110 and New Build is £115... there's also the standard accommodation but I can't see myself sharing a toilet with however many people. :/

Also I hear most first year students don't get Lakeside even if they put it as first choice, what's with that?

So Lakeside or New Build?
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    There's not really that much of a difference I don't think and for £5 I doubt it matters that much. Lakeside tends to be the place that international students get but then I've lived there twice so there is a chance you might get it.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was in Lakeside last year and am in New Build this year and I'd say go for New Build as it's newer, cleaner, much better and it's very much worth an extra £5 a week.
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    I was in Lakeside last year and am in New Build this year and I'd say go for New Build as it's newer, cleaner, much better and it's very much worth an extra £5 a week.
    Probably depends on the flat and who you're with.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd say it's worth the extra £5, but I don't think it was worth the extra £11 over Lakeside that it was this year (for the 7 bed.) As there's little difference as Hannah says, I wouldn't pay more than £5 to live in newer accommodation if I had the choice, as it's not something that really bothers me.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Whhhaaaat, when did Lakeside get that expensive? It was cheaper than that when it first opened!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raspberrybubbles)
    Whhhaaaat, when did Lakeside get that expensive? It was cheaper than that when it first opened!
    They put all the accommodation down this year, Lakeside went down to £98 and Stafford down to £68. Next year is insane for Lakeside, it's up more than 10%, whereas the others are going up 5% ish. Inflation I guess, it's annoying considering it's going to depreciate each year.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 11, 2011
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.