The Student Room Group

How to stop hotmail sending emails/viruses to my contacts?

Scroll to see replies

You've probably fallen for some wierd spam :\ my best idea is to just make a new email, and be more aware of what you open.
Lol, I recently got spam from my own mum, encouraging me to buy a penis enlarger.

Like yeah, really? :rolleyes:
Reply 22
Original post by Smilie :)
Hmm this might sound stupid, because im rubbish with computers and everything LOL but where can i get Kaspersky Pure protection from? :smile:

You can get it from pretty much anywhere. Argos sells it and it's on Amazon too.
Generally I think it costs £60 - £70

It costs a lot but it's totally worth the protection. Killer PC protection. Isolates bloody as well anything close to a threat.
Reply 23
Original post by Nextmove
You can get it from pretty much anywhere. Argos sells it and it's on Amazon too.
Generally I think it costs £60 - £70

It costs a lot but it's totally worth the protection. Killer PC protection. Isolates bloody as well anything close to a threat.

Oh i see, thanks for the help! I really appreciate it :smile:
I had the same problem, so I changed my password and yesterday I noticed in my 'spam' emails there was those 'email not delivered' messages.
It's really annoying!
Reply 25
Dammit you guys are so annoying, I'm always getting emails from compromised email addresses.

Be careful when surfing the net.
Think of a more complicated password than your birthday.
If using windows, use some anti virus + spyware software.

If everything fails, format your HD and make a new email account, just so that you don't **** off all your friends.
Reply 26
Original post by Victor-PP
Yeah, happened to me. I was so sick of it I created a new account.

Hotmail sucks. I only use it to chat on MSN. Gmail is way better for standard e-mail.

Hotmail doesn't suck :wink: I've been using Hotmail for years without any problems. These viruses usually occur because either 1/ the person clicks on suspicious links in body of the email, 2/ the person opens suspicious attachments in emails or 3/ visits unsafe websites.

Try removing it with Malwarebytes. Good luck :smile:
Reply 27
Hotmail is a good, free email provider. I've been using it for many years without any problems. Usually, these sort of viruses occur 1/ when people click on links without firstly ensuring such links are safe, 2/ open suspicious files sent via email or 3/ venture onto unsafe websites :wink:

As a precaution if I were you, I'd email all in your address book and warn them about emails from you - not to click on any links/attachments until you notify them further.

Either way, good luck.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply