The Student Room Group

Which Language Makes the Best Music- POLL

Poll

Which language has the best music

Which country/language do you think creates the best music?

Post your favourite music from languages other than English.

Spanish language music is my favourite. French sounds nice as well.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

talian

Spanish

Spanish

French

French (I think- Ivory Coast :s-smilie:)

English
(edited 12 years ago)
In before Rammstein.
Reply 3
German, only because I listen to it to help with learning the language (I should probably listen to french too though, but I don't know any!)
Philipp Poisel and Clueso are my favourites :love:
Original post by Georgina_
German, only because I listen to it to help with learning the language (I should probably listen to french too though, but I don't know any!)
Philipp Poisel and Clueso are my favourites :love:

I've never heard german music before :s-smilie: I know german has a stereotype of sounding quite horrible but I think it sounds nice.
I just looked up Phillip Poisel

:h:
Reply 5
Spanish! My 'Musica Española' playlist on Spotify beats all the others by a mile! I also love Stromae (French) though and Lars Vaular (Norwegian) is reaaally good too.
Dat bollywood shizzle is gangsta so Urdu/Punjabi
Original post by un-besito
Spanish! My 'Musica Española' playlist on Spotify beats all the others by a mile! I also love Stromae (French) though and Lars Vaular (Norwegian) is reaaally good too.

Who's your favourite spanish artists?
Reply 8
Original post by Lewroll
I've never heard german music before :s-smilie: I know german has a stereotype of sounding quite horrible but I think it sounds nice.
I just looked up Phillip Poisel

:h:

I think that one's the best, the chorus means "with everyone of your faults, I love you more". It's soo sweet!
Reply 9
when i was in france, i was listening to the radio in the car and there was some truly, truly awful french pop music... but that's not to say all french music is bad because it's not, but that was just, wow.
Original post by Lewroll
Who's your favourite spanish artists?

Well, Spanish music has made me listen to styles I wouldn't usually be interested in in English, such as stuff by artists like Hector Lavoe, Ruben Blades, Carlos Vives, Nach and Piezas y Jayder (all quite different to each other too) but I also like a lot of the mainstream music e.g. Jarabe de Palo, Maldita Nerea, Malu, Nelly Furtado, David Bisbal etc.
Atm my favourite is probably Nach...:love: The song 'Si yo fuera' (ft. Angela Cervantes) has been played about 100 times this week. And by Piezas y Jayder I would recommend Geminis and Dominando la Colera. These two are definitely not 'traditional' artists whose type of music is the first thing you'd think of when you hear 'Spanish music', but really good and the lyrics are really helpful for vocabulary learning and improving listening skills (because they talk so bloody fast) :smile:
Reply 11

This one is a bit weird though xD (the fat guy screaming :colondollar:)

It just makes me want to go to France NOW.... and party :wink:

French :yep:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Josh_Dey

French :yep:

STROMAE IS GOD.
:getmecoat:
Reply 13
The language of nature. (OK that was cheesy)
Well, Spanish music has made me listen to styles I wouldn't usually be interested in in English, such as stuff by artists like Hector Lavoe, Ruben Blades, Carlos Vives, Nach and Piezas y Jayder (all quite different to each other too) but I also like a lot of the mainstream music e.g. Jarabe de Palo, Maldita Nerea, Malu, Nelly Furtado, David Bisbal etc.
Atm my favourite is probably Nach...:love: The song 'Si yo fuera' (ft. Angela Cervantes) has been played about 100 times this week. And by Piezas y Jayder I would recommend Geminis and Dominando la Colera. These two are definitely not 'traditional' artists whose type of music is the first thing you'd think of when you hear 'Spanish music', but really good and the lyrics are really helpful for vocabulary learning and improving listening skills (because they talk so bloody fast) :smile:

I just listened to Dominando la Colera. I became an instant fan :biggrin:
Heres the song for those of you that haven't heard it

I like Spanish music the most tbh. Alejandro sans, shakira, Macaco
Reply 15
Are we talking about which languages sound best in songs or which countries produce the best music?

If it's the former then my vote goes to variants on Nordic languages and Sami.

A bit of Sami/ancient finnish:
I think it's sami anyway, I'm pretty sure it's not modern finnish as that wasn't really the Shaman way.

And some Norwegian (I assume Nyorsk but I don't know as I can't understand a word of it! Perhaps someone who can actually speak norwegian can enlighten me?):
Original post by Lewroll
I just listened to Dominando la Colera. I became an instant fan :biggrin:
Heres the song for those of you that haven't heard it

I like Spanish music the most tbh. Alejandro sans, shakira, Macaco

Aaaww I hope loads of people listen to that, they ought to be sooo much more popular than they are. Loads of their good ones aren't even on YouTube for some reason :s-smilie:
I hadn't heard Alejando Sanz before, Amiga Mia is really nice! And I like Con La Mano Lavanta. Have you heard Gitana by Shakira? I loveeee it, sooo much better than the English version...there is sooo much Spanish music about Los Gitanos, it's a bit weird, I'm not sure it would go down so well in English!
(edited 12 years ago)
Aaaww I hope loads of people listen to that, they ought to be sooo much more popular than they are. Loads of their good ones aren't even on YouTube for some reason
I hadn't heard Alejando Sanz before, Amiga Mia is really nice! And I like Con La Mano Lavanta. Have you heard Gitana by Shakira? I loveeee it, sooo much better than the English version...there is sooo much Spanish music about Las Gitanas, it's a bit weird, I'm not sure it would go down so well in English!

I'm listening to a lot of their stuff now. I'm surprised I haven't heard of them before.
Yeah I've heard Gitana. A lot of the girls in my spanish class seem to be obsessed with gypsies for some reason so they have are constantly playing it :tongue:

I like when english speaking artists sing in spanish as well.
Never knew there was spanish BoRhap :biggrin: this thread has opened my eyes to a spanish musical world id never known (but i will say i'm a die hard Enrique Iglesias fan :drool: )
It has to be English.

Italian music is ****.
Well modern day music anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest