The Student Room Group

Which Language Makes the Best Music- POLL

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Lewroll
I've never heard german music before :s-smilie: I know german has a stereotype of sounding quite horrible but I think it sounds nice.
I just looked up Phillip Poisel

:h:

Never really listened to alot of German before either, but I just looked up Phillip Poisel as well... :thumbsup: Only German music I've listened to is this song :biggrin: (Vice City days.... :ninja:)

As for English music...

:biggrin:
Original post by Jellybean91
Never knew there was spanish BoRhap :biggrin: this thread has opened my eyes to a spanish musical world id never known (but i will say i'm a die hard Enrique Iglesias fan :drool: )

Its from the album Rhythms Del Mundo. Cuban artists cover popular songs on it.
I definitely think English is the best because of the breadth of ways you can describe things, but that's is not to dismiss other languages whatsoever.

To throw another language in the mix, I quite like Japanese:
Tobenai Tsubasa

Kawa no Nagare no Yoni (sung by Placido Domingo)
Jackie Chan sings quite nicely in Cantonese (I think its cantonese :biggrin:)
Reply 24
German is a definite favourite (and not bloody Rammstein either) but my Brazilian bf has converted me. It's Portuguese. XD

1:30 to get to the actual language.

(Also, gentlemen of TSR - you know you would. :sexface:)
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Lewroll
Jackie Chan sings quite nicely in Cantonese (I think its cantonese :biggrin:)

Sounds like mandarin to me (my mandarin is pretty limited though so don't take my word :smile: ) either way it sounds pretty good! didnt realise he could sing too :biggrin:
Sounds like mandarin to me (my mandarin is pretty limited though so don't take my word :smile: ) either way it sounds pretty good! didnt realise he could sing too :biggrin:

How many languages do you know (don't have to be fluent)?
Original post by Lewroll
How many languages do you know (don't have to be fluent)?

My degree is Spanish and Italian and my free elective this year is Mandarin :smile: you?
:smile: i love french music, from Colonel Reyel and M. Pokora to Christophe Maé and Joyce Jonathan :biggrin:
My degree is Spanish and Italian and my free elective this year is Mandarin :smile: you?

Just spanish (and english ofc). And my spanish is only up to A level :sad:. If I get an A in the exams then I can take spanish as part of my degree (I probably wont get an A, I haven't even read the bloody book :biggrin:)
Original post by Lewroll
Just spanish (and english ofc). And my spanish is only up to A level :sad:. If I get an A in the exams then I can take spanish as part of my degree (I probably wont get an A, I haven't even read the bloody book :biggrin:)

Haha don't worry i'm sure you can get an A :smile: who needs the book :tongue: what else are you gonna do with it?
Haha don't worry i'm sure you can get an A :smile: who needs the book :tongue: what else are you gonna do with it?

my degree? I want to do anthropology and spanish. But I need an A in spanish :frown:
Original post by Lewroll
my degree? I want to do anthropology and spanish. But I need an A in spanish :frown:

Wow!! I'm sure you'll get what you need :smile: and TSR is always on hand if you need help! You can also try getting into www.forojovenes.com if youve not seen it before :smile:
Original post by Lewroll
I'm listening to a lot of their stuff now. I'm surprised I haven't heard of them before.
Yeah I've heard Gitana. A lot of the girls in my spanish class seem to be obsessed with gypsies for some reason so they have are constantly playing it :tongue:

I like when english speaking artists sing in spanish as well.

Hahaha, interesting obsession :wink: Yeah me too, I always listen to Beyonce in Spanish! Never heard Robbie before now though, I don't really like much of his music in English, maybe hearing it in Spanish will change my mind. I would also recommend this which is even better if you've actually seen the film which is amazing :smile:
Language loyalty: French :biggrin:
There's some great French music I listen to (Daft Punk anyone?) but...has to be English to be honest...
E'topa. E-E'topa.

Spanish of course. On the peninsular side of things there's the amazing Estopa, Cameron de la Isla, Lagarto Amarillo, Mecano, Melendi, Ska-P, El Pescao, Alejandro Sanz, Maldita Nerea.. I'm less down on Latin American music as it were, but I know a few; you have your Mexicans like Santana and Maná and even your Chicanos such as Ritchie Valens and Los Lobos.

French-wise into the usuals like Charles Aznavour, Mickey 3D, Manu Chao etc.
(edited 12 years ago)
English :yep:
I love English music the most but...I love Spanish Music, particularly from Andalusia or generally parts of Southern Spain which makes Gypsy music.

Italian music is after Spain. I also have a thing for French music because it's very 'chic'.

This is Camaron, a Southern Spain music legend.

http://youtu.be/dEj7wL4I1c8
(edited 12 years ago)
German - I especially love Wise Guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PZDe_soPj0

Quick Reply

Latest