The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Bringing your car to warwick...

Does anyone know what the parking rules are at the university?

Has anyone successfuly managed to bring their car on (or near enough) campus without being charged everyday for parking?
Original post by Ree69

Has anyone successfuly managed to bring their car on (or near enough) campus without being charged everyday for parking?

I really doubt you will be able to park on campus for free for any extended period of time. Even surrounding campus there are difficulties - for example you would not be able to park at Tesco.

Although I don't have a car, perhaps a few people do have ways :holmes:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by Ree69

Looking at your previous posts, you'll be in your first year next year. You won't be able to get a permit to keep a car on campus http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/campus-support/carparks/faq/students/#resident%20student%20parking but it is possible to occasionally park a car there during the day with a pay&display system.
Reply 3
Its unlikely while you are living on campus to be able to get it there for free or at an affordable cost. If you are travelling in from living off campus though its possible to get it free but risky. I graduated last July but the following was true all the years I was there....

Some people park at cannon park by Tesco which is only a short walk from the campus, especially near to the maths buildings. Strictly speaking though you arnt meant to as it should be just for customers and I think you have a time limit of 3/4 hours so people only really used it if they had to come in for 1/2 lectures and go. There also used to be highly coveted spots on the road near the medical centre on campus as you could park round there for free but you had to be extremely lucky to get a space (which is why I dont recommend relying on it as an option if you live on campus as you dont want to come back and find there is nowhere to leave it).....as i say that was true when I was there but if its changed dont blame me lol
Some of my friends who live on campus park in Canley, but they rely on a good rapport with the householders whose houses they park outside. You can apply for a permit if you have real reason to take your car with you, e.g. one of my friends is always off round the country doing horse riding competitions. Personally I'd just say save it for second year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending