The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Getting to Strand Campus/KCL from St Pancras

Hi! Sorry to post here, I tried KCL threads, and no replies as of yet. I'm in a bit of a rush so...

I have about 25 minutes to get to KCL from St Pancras (don't ask :frown: ). So what are the quickest/easiest ways to reach the Strand Campus using the underground?

Which of these stations: Temple/ Charing Cross/ Embankment/ Waterloo/ Holborn are closest to Strand....and finally: from that station what directions do I take?

Many thanks, Gemxx
Reply 1
Use multimap to find the nearest underground station.
http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/user/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Temple is closest. Go up Surrey Street, turn left onto the Strand and you should see KCL. Good luck!

--------------

Take the Circle Line towards Monument from King's X Underground (2 mins walk from St. P) to Temple - tubes every few minutes; but half an hour is pushing it - you really should have booked an earlier train!
Reply 3
Yes, I know:frown: . They were going to charge me £40 one way for any time before, and I thought that KCL was about 10 minutes away by tube. I completely misread it, and now I'm thinking I might cancel this train (I'll lose £10) and go by bus or something:frown:. Do interviews sometimes run late anyway?

It doesn't matter whatever I do, I just will not make it in time...oops.
Thanks anyway!
Reply 4
whereabouts in the midlands are you coming from? i get in about an hour early from cov(arrive at euston), which is more than enough for a pretty short tube journey :/
Taxi will do it fairly quickly (15 minutes easily down Kingsway) but will probably cost £10.

Latest