The Student Room Group

Websites you used to go on when you were younger

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
[QUOTE='[]D [] []V[] []D;31190400']You must have had a sad childhood :frown:

Lol... My childhood was fine actually. I just got bored a lot.
Original post by Groat
I remember spending ages on Denise Lewis' Heptathlon on the BBC!

Back in the days of having a really loud keyboard, my parents used to get angry with my repeatedly smacking B and N to get Denise to run faster. :smile:

I loved that game, wasn't very good at it though

Also Neopets, still occasionally go on it when I am very bored :colondollar:

Also the Tracy Beaker Games and (I think it was called) Nelly's House.

Also bebo, was obsessed with making skins; managed to get two published :eek:

ahh the good old times :rolleyes:
Original post by Jade2009
Lol... My childhood was fine actually. I just got bored a lot.

Can't have been that good if you were bored all the time. What happened, were your parents constantly rowing so you had to go on the internet to escape? :rolleyes:
Reply 83
[QUOTE='[]D [] []V[] []D;31190495']Can't have been that good if you were bored all the time. What happened, were your parents constantly rowing so you had to go on the internet to escape? :rolleyes:

What business of yours is it to ask about my childhood anyway? I was only answering the OPs question. :curious:
Original post by Jade2009
What business of yours is it to ask about my childhood anyway? I was only answering the OPs question. :curious:

Well this whole thread is getting people to talk about their childhoods, so I thought I might as well ask about yours, seeing as it was clearly well boring.
i used to love the cartoon network website, errr barbie.com and miniclip :smile:
Neopets, Club Penguin, Miniclip, the occasional Habbo Hotel. Some other ones I can't remember.

And more shamefully...

barbie.com - I continued to go there until I was 11. In my defence, the games were epic. Case closed.
Original post by Agent Smirnoff
No idea for the most of it. All through high school i would be on eBay or making my own "money making sites"

Sadly I haven't made jack from my money making sites. :getmecoat:

This. I did exactly this from the age of 9, I created hundreds of 'money making websites' on freewebs, but never made any money *sniff*
Reply 88
[QUOTE='[]D [] []V[] []D;31190648']Well this whole thread is getting people to talk about their childhoods, so I thought I might as well ask about yours, seeing as it was clearly well boring.

Well you're boring me by trying to pick arguments. Grow up. :rolleyes:
Reply 89
This thread just made me go on neopets lol
Miniclip.com :awesome:
Habbo Hotel, I used to join the 'mafias' and my Mum went mad because my sister and I spent real money on 'furni' ha.

Leisure District- which was like a site through the NTL TV box and used to use the email account there too. Strange!

Cbbc Forums, Newsround website.

I-sketch

Quiz sites, I used to love them, personality quizzes, love quizzes 'Is he the one' ha.

Spent hours on MSN

Lycos Chat, I loved how you upgraded when you wrote so many 'lines' of chat and it was all pirate themed, gutted when it closed, I was doing so well!

Mugglenet and Harry Potter related forums, spent hours discussing the future books, it was a good time to be a fan!

Then I got the Sims and Rollercoaster Tycoon and they took over! :biggrin:
Funnyjunk
Reply 93
Neopets, Stardoll, Bebo, the forums on the Newsround sites. But now, it's all about facebook and TSR! :smile:
Reply 94
Runescape
Endless Online
Gaia
Piczo

And my friend and I once "trolled" Habbo Hotel in Year 7. :cool:
Reply 95
Neopets and penguin chat!! Was obsessed.
Reply 96
The CBBC website, I played all the Tracy Beaker related games..
Habbo Hotel, used to host fallin' furni and then kick/ban the winner (Having stolen loads of p2s and revs lmao)
Reply 98
I only got the internet at 13 and went on forums. I admit to using the home phone for Habbo, though.
Reply 99
This thread is making me feel old (or deprived...:tongue: )

I knew **** all about the internet until I was about 13, and haven't even heard of the majority of these sites :frown: .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending