The Student Room Group
Reply 1
king's cross is the way to go

www.thetrainline.com is good for train times.
Reply 2
does anyone know approximately how much it would cost to get a return ticket from manchester to Cambridge?
Reply 3
The afformentioned trainline.com really is very useful you know. Perhaps that would be a good place to look.
Reply 4
I just went on it but you need to register to check train fares
Reply 5
legal_mc
I just went on it but you need to register to check train fares

Oh, sorry.

To make up for my cocky answer I've found out for you. Standard Open Return, No railcard, £65 precisely. :smile:

It does of course depend on when you can travel. But this is based on a journey leaving at about 07:00 and returning at about 16:00 on wednesday, making one change each way.
Reply 6
After I get to Cambridge Station, where do I go afterwards to get to Homerton?
Reply 7
http://www.cam.ac.uk/map/v3/drawmap.cgi?mp=main;xx=2572;yy=2193;mt=c;ms=100;sx=5;tl=Homerton%20College;gf=png

Go out of the station, go down station road, turn right, cross at some stage, is on your right a bit of the way down, closest college to the staiton i think (only thing it is close to!)
Reply 8
Joe_87
Oh, sorry.

To make up for my cocky answer I've found out for you. Standard Open Return, No railcard, £65 precisely. :smile:

It does of course depend on when you can travel. But this is based on a journey leaving at about 07:00 and returning at about 16:00 on wednesday, making one change each way.

Couldn't you get a cheap day return and make it less expensive? Or get a railcard, it would probably be worth it just for that trip.
Reply 9
i agree with helenia. or a saver return even, because you dont have to go and come back on the same day. im sure its only about £35. if you go via london though you can get some cheap virgin fares when they work, restricts you to a particular train though. personally, i think via london is best as it is about the same time and a nicer train.
www.gner.com does train times and prices, and I don't think you have to sign up unless you actually want to buy. Sometimes, as I found out when looking for something the other week, two singles can be cheaper.
bob_54321
i agree with helenia. or a saver return even, because you dont have to go and come back on the same day. im sure its only about £35. if you go via london though you can get some cheap virgin fares when they work, restricts you to a particular train though. personally, i think via london is best as it is about the same time and a nicer train.

it really need your help; here's the thing. got an interview on the 11th and i wanna go a day earlier.. so thursday afternoon and will return on the friday afternoon... what do you think the cheapest option will be?? i'm okay with going to london first and i don't care if they have restrictions on trains or times or whatever.
i'd really appreciate your help

oh btw, it is from manchester to cambridge
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/ is the answer. Unlike thetrainline they don't try and book the ticket on your behalf (inc. silly booking fee) for you, and give a pretty honest list of options for where you can book your ticket from, including the company that will actually be running your trains, unlike thetrainline. I suggest you look at various options on there (it will point out the cheapest option given a time range you specify) and figure out which is the cheapest.

Latest

Trending

Trending