The Student Room Group

Need Help/tips in choosing O -Level or GCSE or IGSE subjects

Hi,

I am a 33 years old business owner and running an I.T. Company from past 9 years. I have studied metric (10th Grade) from Pakistan in the year 1992 and since then I am out of school, due to my personal issues I was not able to continue my studies.But I really want to further my studies. I know I am a bit too late but I thought it would be good to do it now.

I have a fair knowledge of computers and software development since im managing it being a CEO from past many years now. I was a very sharp/intelligent student of my time but off course its been abt 20 yrs im out of school.

I can only study at home, not able to enroll into any school coz of my work.

Here are some of my questions and problems I need help/advice on:

1) My ultimate Target is to do a PhD in the Field of Information Technology (Artificial Intelligence)
2) I would like to know whether I should study O-Level, GCSE or IGCSE and what is the difference between all three of these?
3) I would like to know how many subjects I have to or can choose.
4) What subjects should i choose in order to achieve my goal (PhD)?
5) Any study tips when I do?
6) O-Level or GCSEs or IGCSE which one will help a lot in careers.
7) Are O-Level or GCSEs or IGCSE extremely hard?
8) I will do A-Level once I complete any of O-Level or GCSEs or IGCSE?

I am aiming to get really good results, any tips and ways of achieving this?
Reply 1
Hello, well for nearly everything Maths and English are essential, other typical ones would be Science, ICT would be good for you and then just any others you think you would be able to do, it's normally how well you do not the subject that counts. I'm not sure about the differences in difficulty but I'm sure others here do. Yes you tend to do A Levels after your GCSEs. None of them a particularly hard, you seem intelligent so you shouldn't have to big a problem with them. You would need a minimum of 5 GCSEs for pretty much everything, but if you want to go to a more prestigous university you are probably going to want more, there isn't a limit but most people have aroud 8-10, but it is more important to do well in the ones you have rather then having alot. Tips are just to make sure you know the sylabus for your subjects inside out, whether thats by finding information on the internet or buying textbooks and writing notes on the information.

Quick Reply

Latest