The Student Room Group

nhs funding?

How do you find out if a course has nhs funding?
it should say on ucas or on uni website :smile:
Original post by xxstephxx
How do you find out if a course has nhs funding?

Most nursing and allied health courses are usually funded, but there are some exceptions.

What course are you applying for?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
paramedic science. but ive looked and apparently there isnt nhs funding :frown: so does anyone know wha else i can get for funding? cos ive already done one degree so i cant have a student loan :frown:
paramedic science. but ive looked and apparently there isnt nhs funding :frown: so does anyone know wha else i can get for funding? cos ive already done one degree so i cant have a student loan :frown:

That is true, Paramedic Science isn't NHS funded. Your university may give out its own bursary to people with/parents with a small income or whose who have achieved a certain amount of UCAS points. There's also the Access to Learning Fund, for people who would have to drop out of uni due to lack of financial support, although I think you must already be enrolled at the uni before you can apply for this.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5

You should still be entitled to a maintainance loan, which you can use to pay the fees, however you would need to fund living costs yourself.
Reply 6
Ok thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending