Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

72 Virgins (MYTH) - Anti-Islam Propaganda

Announcements Posted on
Live webchat: Student Finance explained - on TSR from 2 - 3pm 17-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So you frequently hear about it in the media - those dastardly muslims engage in suicide bombings because they want their 72 Virgins.

THIS IS A MYTH. It has no basis in the Qu'ran.

It's propelled to try and sideline the real reason why they commit such atrocious acts. The motivation for suicide bombings has barely anything to do with Islam.

Even if they wanted the 72 virgins they wouldn't get any since suicide is heavily condemned in the Qu'ran and explicitly forbidden.

(Original post by The Qu'ran 4:29)
    Destroy not yourselves. Surely Allah is ever merciful to you.
    (Original post by The Qu'ran 16:61)
    When their time comes they cannot delay it for a single hour nor can they bring it forward by a single hour.
    (Original post by The Qu'ran 2:195)
    And spend in God's cause, and let not your own hands throw you into destruction; and persevere in doing good: behold, God loves the doers of good.
    Killing of civilians is expressly FORBIDDEN even in times of desperation :

(Original post by The Qu'ran 2:190)
    Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loves not aggressors.
    (Original post by The Qu'ran 5:8)
    O believers! Stand out firmly for God, as witnesses for the sake of justice, and let not the hatred of a people cause you to turn away from justice. Do justice, for that is akin to piety...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather have 10 slutty girls that know what they're doing than 72 virgins anyway.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miike1234)
    I'd rather have 10 slutty girls that know what they're doing than 72 virgins anyway.
    An equally valid point :awesome:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Well put !
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OGFurious)
    So you frequently hear about it in the media - those dastardly muslims engage in suicide bombings because they want their 72 Virgins.

THIS IS A MYTH. It has no basis in the Qu'ran.

It's propelled to try and sideline the real reason why they commit such atrocious acts. The motivation for suicide bombings has barely anything to do with Islam.

Even if they wanted the 72 virgins they wouldn't get any since suicide is heavily condemned in the Qu'ran and explicitly forbidden.

Killing of civilians is expressly FORBIDDEN even in times of desperation :
    Pretty sure most of TSR already know this...

And I doubt future suicide bombers will be reading your thread.

Also suicide bombers must be pretty stupid. 72 virgins isn't a lot in an infinite amount of time.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If only the would-be suicide bombers could just watch your pick up videos, OGFurious. Problem solved.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    that's a myth? My life is a lie :woo:
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://wikiislam.net/wiki/72_Virgins
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i see your point but i find its instinctively known for the most

id prefer to be the second though as with the virgins id be like damn gona have to go like snail pace as not to hurt you where as you can have sex normally after that lol

where-as the sluts well you dont know where theyve been
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.ted.com/talks/lesley_haze...the_koran.html

watch this 7.20 onwards - it explains the myth sufficiently.

and http://www.islamicvoice.com/october.2000/religion.htm
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kopite493)
    i see your point but i find its instinctively known for the most

id prefer to be the second though as with the virgins id be like damn gona have to go like snail pace as not to hurt you where as you can have sex normally after that lol

where-as the sluts well you dont know where theyve been
    :no:, not always:ninja:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just to let you know, wikiislam is full of so much false information that most Muslims have never heard of it's unreal.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CombineHarvester)
    Just to let you know, wikiislam is full of so much false information that most Muslims have never heard of it's unreal.
    According to whom?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martyn*)
    According to whom?
    Scholars and theologians, not just Muslim ones, atheist and Christian ones as well.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    "Each chosen one [i.e. Muslim] will marry seventy [sic] houris, besides the women he married on earth, and all will have appetizing vaginas."
    :lolwut:

Would a female muslim also receive 72 virgins? I'm pretty sure she'd be displeased with that...
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hxecute)
    :lolwut:

Would a female muslim also receive 72 virgins? I'm pretty sure she'd be displeased with that...
    Naa i'm prettty sure she recieves female virgins...

And she's not supposed to be happy... Everyone else is by watching it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Exactly, also have they considered famous virgins...

Spoiler:
    Show
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Scholars and theologians, not just Muslim ones, atheist and Christian ones as well.
    So, what do they say? What is their argument?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    True (I'm an atheist). They do have some good stuff too though. It's made up of articles by many different people, so it's a mixed bag. It's not gonna give anyone a balanced view of Islam though since it's purely for articles critical of it.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martyn*)
    So, what do they say? What is their argument?
    It contains articles on things like taqiyya which it claims means all Muslims can lie to deceive non-Muslims whereas this is completely false and widely recognised as such. I cba to list all the examples but critical use of the internet should help.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 12, 2011
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.