The Student Room Group

I have a thing for girls who are well spoken/posh accents etc. Anyone else the same?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mrbuster
I love girls who are well spoken and have that posh accent that goes along with it. Luckily enough, I went to visit a friend at his University down in Bristol and I think I must of been one of the few "common" people there lol. Anyway, my friend isn't posh but he has wealthy parents, therefore he gets the best of everything. He introduced me to a few of his friends, including a few females, and their accents were amazing. I loved how they spoke so softly and well mannered. It was so refreshing to hear, unlike the type of people you get in London and the south east of England.

i have that kind of accent/mode of speech. i don't like it particularly, i get mocked by everybody :tongue:
Reply 41
Original post by Mrbuster
I love girls who are well spoken and have that posh accent that goes along with it. Luckily enough, I went to visit a friend at his University down in Bristol and I think I must of been one of the few "common" people there lol. Anyway, my friend isn't posh but he has wealthy parents, therefore he gets the best of everything. He introduced me to a few of his friends, including a few females, and their accents were amazing. I loved how they spoke so softly and well mannered. It was so refreshing to hear, unlike the type of people you get in London and the south east of England.

Good luck with that.
Yah. Absolutelah :yep: I moved 280 miles away from London for this very reason (amongst many others). Couldn't take listening to anymore people who spoke like Tulisa and Fazer
Reply 43
Oh yeah :sexface:
Reply 44
Original post by Peli-Pelican
i have that kind of accent/mode of speech. i don't like it particularly, i get mocked by everybody :tongue:

I think they're just jealous.
Reply 45
there is nothing wrong with being attracted to sophisitcated and intelligent sounding women! :smile:
I've started watching Made In Chelsea. The accents on that are :sogood: I think the accents is the one reason why I already love this show despite hating The Only Way Is Essex
Original post by Thomas2

Original post by Thomas2
I think they're just jealous.
maybe :smile:
I thought only foreigners liked posh accents? IDK. In parts of London people will give you a funny look if you speak even the slightest bit plummy which is a little frustrating because I always get 'accused' of having an RP accent. Beyond the public school enclaves people distrust the toffs. I'm aware that I read in a really posh voice in my head (like everyone else?) but I always thought I had an Estuary accent. Oh well.

Yorkshire accents are bloody awful. Huddersfield... :K:
Reply 49
Original post by Blueflare
Hello. :sexface:

I have a posh accent even though I'm not posh at all, not sure how that happened tbh.

My mum used to yell at me every time I said something regional as a child, so it's forced me into speaking with some sort of perfectly-pronounced no-slang accent, even though I live on a council estate in Yorkshire. Pretty weird :colondollar:
I luv them posh birds me....right filth bags!
Original post by Vikki1805
That's sort of scary :eek:

Original post by Orwell
That is a really weird thing to say.

I mean it in a good way. And she knows it!
Reply 52
Original post by LewDacris
I luv them posh birds me....right filth bags!

With spelling like that I can only assume you are working off your imagination :tongue:

*an
hahaha you would be correct
Original post by Dude Where's My Username
Yah. Absolutelah :yep: I moved 280 miles away from London for this very reason (amongst many others). Couldn't take listening to anymore people who spoke like Tulisa and Fazer

Did you live in a council estate? Not everyone in London speaks like Tulisa and Fazer.
An RP accent can quite sexy. Unfortunately, good-looking girls with plummy English accents tend not to like my subtle American-y accent very much. :frown:
Quite. :sexface:
Reply 57
Original post by I Love Lesbians
An RP accent can quite sexy. Unfortunately, good-looking girls with plummy English accents tend not to like my subtle American-y accent very much. :frown:

I wonder if they like subtle kiwi accents...
I like posh girls, you automatically think because they are so reserved and 'proper' on the outside they must be absolute minxs in bed. It's a shame I'm a cockney.
Reply 59
Personality > Accent

Quick Reply

Latest