The Student Room Group

Eton College Universities Summer School, anyone?

Scroll to see replies

I'm actually starting to panic about the dress situation. I had a really nice one, but the straps broke last time I wore it -.- I mean, I don't normally wear dresses that often, well... not at all really. I've bought something, but I'm really not sure about it. It's black, with a sort of floral print around the bottom and a belt to go with it, and then I've just got a little black cardigen to wear as well though. I'm not sure though, it'll most likely change by the time I come :L

Also, ditto on the feeling nervous, it's getting so close! Less than two weeks now...
Original post by helangio
Just saying, you can get some really nice skater dresses on asos at the minute that aren't too expensive :smile:

I know, I've looked there already :biggrin:

Ah, its just over a week away now!
Reply 562
10 dayssss :biggrin: another question to go along with the dresses.... anyone bringing heels to wear with? or just play it safe with flats? :L
I'm wearing flats, so im going safe, but then again im quite tall so heels make me very tall, and I only own one pair of heels, which ive only ever worn twice. I also find heels uncomfortable(i know thats normal, but i prefer having comfort)
Reply 564
How many times will we need to wear a dress? Will we only need one? Or more?
Its only on the last evening that we need to wear a dress.
Only one week to go!!
So does everyone know what dress/skirt they are wearing? I tried on the one I intended to wear the other day (its been a while since i last wore it) and its very... summery. Not really an evening dress. But its the only dress i have, well, i have this silky one but i dont really like that one any more. So im kinda having a last minute panic to see if i can find something else...
Reply 568
The worries girls have of finding a dress.... I have a red lace skater kind of dress :smile: Has anyones hoody come yet? i really want mine to come now :frown:
Original post by meggyP
The worries girls have of finding a dress.... I have a red lace skater kind of dress :smile: Has anyones hoody come yet? i really want mine to come now :frown:

ah, I know, but its always like this :smile: I doubt boys ask each other 'what shirt are you wearing?' :tongue: I've even just bought a new dress which im going to wear (it was a bargain though :biggrin: )

My hoody is going to be given to me when I get there, but perhaps thats just because I ordered mine lateish...

AH! Only three days :eek: I'm sooo excited!
Tomorrow :biggrin:
Ahhhhh, tomorrow. I'm actually started to feel really nervous! D:
I cant believe its already today! I guess I'll be seeing you this afternoon :biggrin:
Reply 573
Original post by InvisibleInk
I cant believe its already today! I guess I'll be seeing you this afternoon :biggrin:

See you later :P
Reply 574
I had the best time, it was so good :biggrin:
Reply 575
Original post by EsmeA
I had the best time, it was so good :biggrin:

Can't believe it's over - I want to go back already!
Reply 576
Original post by Jedicake
Can't believe it's over - I want to go back already!

The best bit was definitely meeting everyone and getting on so well. If I could go back I would- but I guess there's even a possibility some people may end up at the same universities :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by EsmeA
Just putting it out there, I've been super eager and ordered a polo shirt and a hoodie - don't worry, I won't wear them both at the same time :wink:

I'm really looking forward to it, as daunting as it sounds I suppose everyone will be feeling the same way!
From my school, four of us got in- which is pretty rare- two for double maths, one for english and then me for history. Should be good!

So are you guys looking to apply to oxbridge then? (Stupid question really)!

What GCSEs did you get?
Reply 578
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
What GCSEs did you get?

I got 10A*s, and I got an A in an AS level that my school offered early :smile:
I was wondering how competitive it it as I'm thinking of applying for chemistry and biology or chemistry and maths but my GCSE's are below average (Oxbridge standards) 2A*7A and a B so I was just wondering if I would have a chance

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest