The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yup - but's it's all quite friendly really!

Cross UoL med school events (999, etc) and socs (such as ICRAM, United Hospitals sports teams etc) see to that :biggrin:

Rivalry mainly comes from the fact that we have medics only sports leagues on top of BUSA leagues, so we all meet fairly regularly...

Every uni I've been to has had a 'rivalry' with another: Swansea 'v' Cardiff varsity events; Oxford 'v' Cambridge, Barts 'v' QMUL :wink:
Reply 2
Its a healthy rivalry between the London ones. The fact that there's so many of us in this great city gives ample scope for a bit of banter, most of which is taken amusingly! Plus we can all laugh at Queen Mary's SoM (spit), Georges (spit) etc... heehee (only joking :wink:)
Reply 3
Bloody Gimps (spit)!
Reply 4
Lol cheeky! *Wipes spit away*
Reply 5
Lol cheeky! *Wipes spit away*
Reply 6
out of curiosity are there rivalries between international unis e.g. harvard and cambridge?
Reply 7
out of curiosity are there rivalries between international unis e.g. harvard and cambridge?
Reply 8
There isn't any (talking from the Dark Blue side :wink: )...
Reply 9
There isn't any (talking from the Dark Blue side :wink: )...
Reply 10
I think our friendly rivalry is with peninsula but I am not cirtain. They are always the ones that we want to beat in the rugby and never do :frown: but one day :smile:
Reply 11
I think our friendly rivalry is with peninsula but I am not cirtain. They are always the ones that we want to beat in the rugby and never do :frown: but one day :smile:
Reply 12
rahmed

Rivalry only happens when the university students in question have some form of contact - sport, debates etc. There certainly is rivalry between the Ivy league universities for e.g. but it doesn't tend to cross the pond.
Reply 13
rahmed

Rivalry only happens when the university students in question have some form of contact - sport, debates etc. There certainly is rivalry between the Ivy league universities for e.g. but it doesn't tend to cross the pond.
Reply 14
I heard the medical students at imperial are hated by everyone else.
Reply 15
Any reason why?
Reply 16
Cos we're obviously the best (1). We cant be bothered with lowering ourselves to the likes of QMW, Georges etc :p:. They can say wot they want, just goes over our heads heehee!

Refs:
1 Guardian league table :biggrin:
Reply 17
Because the spit a lot (a bit like camels) :wink:
Reply 18
aw I want to go to Imperial....but I dont want to be a camel!

EDIT: camels? :confused:
Reply 19
Nought wrong with a camel. Hint - if in a desert, bring an Imperial medic with u :biggrin:! At least we have a use then :p:!

Latest

Trending

Trending