The Student Room Group

Help!

I have a conditional place for Manchester Met doing physio have applied for my finance and they have said I only recieve the basic rate of matience loan which is just over £2,000 which i though was very low so rang up and they have said basically becasue my course is NHS funded I get the lowest amount as my bursary tops it up. But even with my bursary this money only just coveres my accomodation , but doesnt cover my living costs. Just wondered what others have or are doing in this situ. Are people applying for bank loans? As there is no way i will be able to have a job alongside this course.
Original post by Louhoyle
I have a conditional place for Manchester Met doing physio have applied for my finance and they have said I only recieve the basic rate of matience loan which is just over £2,000 which i though was very low so rang up and they have said basically becasue my course is NHS funded I get the lowest amount as my bursary tops it up. But even with my bursary this money only just coveres my accomodation , but doesnt cover my living costs. Just wondered what others have or are doing in this situ. Are people applying for bank loans? As there is no way i will be able to have a job alongside this course.

I wouldn't recommend a bank loan, as these have very high rates of interest. It is possible to get a job alongside a health degree but it does mean working evenings and weekends, and lecturers say that you must put your university work first. Plus, if you have to take time off work to go on placement elsewhere, it may cause a problem with your employers.

I would say try and borrow money from your parents, if they can afford to supplement your living costs.
Reply 2
I really dont want to get a job alongside as I know what a demanding course Physio is and dont think I will be able to fit both in . I think I am going to have to see if my parents can get a bank loan to get me through uni.
My parents earn too much to enable me to get any grants but however can't afford to pay me through uni! Its ridiculous! They say it's your loan but take into account your parents income!!
Reply 3
Why get a bank loan when you can just use the interest free overdraft on student accounts?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending