The Student Room Group

D2 edexcel maths help

Hi, does anyone have any notes for the last two chapters of D2: network flows and dynamic programming, or know of any good D2 online maths recources? Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by number23
Hi, does anyone have any notes for the last two chapters of D2: network flows and dynamic programming, or know of any good D2 online maths recources? Thanks :smile:

here you go mate, hold on let me upload it again
Reply 2

post me your email so i can send it to you because the limit wont allow me to upload it
Reply 3
ok thanks
Reply 4
could someone send me the notes on d2 too! ive had to teach myself and its an epic failure!!
Reply 5
Could someone also send me notes on D2 please...thanks...
Reply 6
can someone please for the life of them explain to me how to do dynamic programming part c chapter 7 in the edexcel book where u have to work with real problems, that bit is killing me
Reply 7
i agree, i dont understand how your supposed to know which bit is stage state action and destination particularly when the questions are about building houses and ****
Reply 8
Original post by simd
i agree, i dont understand how your supposed to know which bit is stage state action and destination particularly when the questions are about building houses and ****

thank uuuuuuuuuuuuuu the book gives u such small amount of examples and the explanation is just poor does anyone have anything that explains it well im done with everything in the damn book except that bit
Reply 9
I'm struggling with this too. I think stages are like the general categories for a problem (e.g weeks, type of product etc.) The state is where you are now, the destination is where you need to go to and the ation is how you get there. This is quite a general defeintion, however.

For example 10 in the book: each stage is the general category (the weeks), the state is the location at a particular time (eg. F) , the destination is the next place to go to (e.g Home) and the the action is how to get there (e.g. F-home).

If anything has anything else to add that would be good, as I havn't quite learnt this section :s-smilie:
Reply 10
I'm struggling with this too. I think stages are like the general categories for a problem (e.g weeks, type of product etc.) The state is where you are now, the destination is where you need to go to and the ation is how you get there. This is quite a general defeintion, however.

For example 10 in the book: each stage is the general category (the weeks), the state is the location at a particular time (eg. F) , the destination is the next place to go to (e.g Home) and the the action is how to get there (e.g. F-home).

If anything has anything else to add that would be good, as I havn't quite learnt this section :s-smilie:

what i cant understnad is why one task will have for example 3 states and another will have 5 states iv slightly understood how to categorize it and all that but still its giving me a head ache
Reply 11
well for each of these problems your working backwards. therefore, the first stage in the last step in the problem.

if you picture it as a network problem, there are going to be a different number of nodes in each stage, each of which can do a different number of actions.

so for a table, each stage has different states that can do different actions to reach a destination.
Reply 12
Could somebody please email me the notes as well please! Trying to teach myself is a failure!
Reply 13
Please could someone also send me the notes?
Original post by elitelight
here you go mate, hold on let me upload it again

HI, could u email me the notes as well please. thanks
could u email me on [Removed - please use PMs or post here]
Reply 15
Original post by elitelight
post me your email so i can send it to you because the limit wont allow me to upload it

hey is it possible for you to email me the D2 notes pls thanx!

Quick Reply

Latest