The Student Room Group

biology isa grade

hello,
i just got my A2 Isa grade back and i got an high E!
Last year I got a relatively low A in my AS Biology and i was wondering what my chances would be to get an A this year, or even a B?

Thank you .
Reply 1
I thought we weren't allowed to be told our grades?
Original post by tehsponge

I don't see the problem with being told our marks, as far as I know its common practice to be told, its only a suggestion to what grade boundary your in, once the ISA has been moderated your mark could go up or down and the grade boundaries may change, though they don't seem to for ISA's.
Reply 3
Original post by liillielle123
hello,
i just got my A2 Isa grade back and i got an high E!
Last year I got a relatively low A in my AS Biology and i was wondering what my chances would be to get an A this year, or even a B?

Thank you .

You would have to tell us the specific UMS, otherwise there will be a range of grades you could acheive.

Generally in ISA's, your teacher marks them, so there is no reason why you can't be told your grades after you have done them(unless your teacher is mean!)
Reply 4
Original post by Eloades11

Generally in ISA's, your teacher marks them, so there is no reason why you can't be told your grades after you have done them(unless your teacher is mean!)

My teacher was like: "We can't tell you, its against the AQA rules." but they told us our AS ones last year. :s-smilie:
Reply 5
My teacher was like: "We can't tell you, its against the AQA rules." but they told us our AS ones last year. :s-smilie:

Your teacher is a douchebag, excuse my language. It definitely isn't, my chemistry teacher tells us our ISA grades 10 minutes after we give it to him.

Unless your teacher is playing safe, and not telling you your grade because it is bad or something.
Reply 6
Your teacher is a douchebag, excuse my language. It definitely isn't, my chemistry teacher tells us our ISA grades 10 minutes after we give it to him.

Unless your teacher is playing safe, and not telling you your grade because it is bad or something.

I doubt my whole class did badly. Although maybe, those papers are horrible. How did you do?
Reply 7
I doubt my whole class did badly. Although maybe, those papers are horrible. How did you do?

Meh, it's your teacher, I'm sure of it lol I do EMPA's, so I won't find out my result until the summer
Reply 8
I got 25/40 in my biology ISA today, so gutted...
Original post by ALZ-93

Original post by ALZ-93
I got 25/40 in my biology ISA today, so gutted...

I know this may be of little comfort right now, but it's amusing to think that when you're at university, a mark like that (62.5%) will be a joyful occasion, as not only have you exceeded the 40% pass mark but you've managed a 2.1 :p: (Just)
Reply 10
Original post by Revd. Mike
I know this may be of little comfort right now, but it's amusing to think that when you're at university, a mark like that (62.5%) will be a joyful occasion, as not only have you exceeded the 40% pass mark but you've managed a 2.1 :p: (Just)

lol thanks, don't really like ISA's anyway :cool: I always do better in the writing exams :rolleyes:
Meh, it's your teacher, I'm sure of it lol I do EMPA's, so I won't find out my result until the summer

Lol she decided to give us our grades today. I got 39/50. Do the grade boundaries change much each year?
Yeah i failed my biology isa :L both times! so i think i win :wink:
Lol she decided to give us our grades today. I got 39/50. Do the grade boundaries change much each year?

I don't think the ISA grades change, so 39/50 would be a high B grade I think, congrats!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending