Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Favourite Beers

Announcements Posted on
TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who lists Carling is wrong and immoral.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Augustiner Pils, Duvel are two genuinely good beers.
    I was already expecting to go through the whole thread with no single mention of Augustiner
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I swear everyone drinks Desperado's and Corona because of the bottle !?

Anyway my fave's are ...

San Miguel, Heineken or Corona (In a bottle of course because it tastes better!!).
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Kronenbourg. Nom.
    Peroni bottled
    Bud, if I'm feeling all American for some reason.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hobgoblin!

Brains, Guinness, Tomos Watkins...

I've become somewhat of a real ale snob, but a lager is still nice sometimes. I usually go for Grolsch or Budweiser.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know... it is not real beer but:

DESPERADOS
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Cold carlsberg Draught, not as great from a can. But still better than any other lager than you can regularly find in pubs, (although it's not everywhere).
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I don't really drink beer, I prefer strong cider.

When I do drink beer it tends to be Kronenbourg.

As for cider, I'm currently a bit hooked to Henry Westons.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Duvel
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ghostship, Scarecrow, Goliath, Old Speckled Hen, Hobgoblin.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    In terms of lagers I'll go for coors light or cobra if they've got it on tap. Seeing as not many places do I go for a Kronenberg instead. Clubs always have the problem of bumping into people and spilling your drink so a Corona usually goes down quite well.

Having said that, I tend to go for the real Ales on offer. Most of the time I'll just have a look and choose whichever has the best name or alternatively highest %. If nothing stands out I usually just go for the old Woodfordes Wherry or Old Speckled Hen.
    • 4 followers

I don't bother touching lager in the UK, these days. Life's too short to drink bad beer.

Breweries I look out for:

UK: Dark Star, Thornbridge, Otley
    Belgium: Orval, Rochefort, Westmalle
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meowmeowmutiny)
    Ghostship, Scarecrow, Goliath, Old Speckled Hen, Hobgoblin.
    Iv seen a lot of mention of this hobgoblin.. and i normally see it in upmarket areas.. i swear its that lemon coloured beer that tastes like rubbish?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cypriots)
    Iv seen a lot of mention of this hobgoblin.. and i normally see it in upmarket areas.. i swear its that lemon coloured beer that tastes like rubbish?
    Uh, no?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Schneider Weisse
    Leeds Best
    Zywiec
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I personally don't get why some people don't like drinking out of cans? Could you explain your reason for this
    It depends really, It's ok if it's poured in to a glass, but out of the tin I just feel it tastes a tad, well, tinny haha. Also if you're only drinking slowly, it starts to get warm reasonably quick, although they're only my opinions of course.

Bottles just seem to taste nicer, it's probably just the same really, must be a mental thing haha.

I see you put KEO, that is a nice beer, I've not been able to get it over here, I've only had it in cyprus whilst on holiday haha
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    Foster's is pretty bad, far worse than Carling (which is bland, but at least its not sweet), but its not as bad as the commercial american swill like Bud and Coors.

Don't know Merlin's Revenge, what's it like/who makes it?
    Its brewed by Naylor's up in Yorkshire. Its not a too heavy ale really, not too bitter but with a good flavour. Might have another tonight actually..

Nah Hobgoblin's alright
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    St Austell Tribute
    St Austell Korev Cornish Lager
    Wychwood Hobgoblin & Goliath
    Guinness
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    TACTICAL NUCLEAR PENGUIN, that is all.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meowmeowmutiny)
    Uh, no?
    Mhmm, well then i must have it mixed up with something else then.

(Original post by Leo*)
    It depends really, It's ok if it's poured in to a glass, but out of the tin I just feel it tastes a tad, well, tinny haha. Also if you're only drinking slowly, it starts to get warm reasonably quick, although they're only my opinions of course.

Bottles just seem to taste nicer, it's probably just the same really, must be a mental thing haha.

I see you put KEO, that is a nice beer, I've not been able to get it over here, I've only had it in cyprus whilst on holiday haha
    KEO is a top beer, im greek cypriot and yeah i only get it when im in Cyprus.. its actually genuinely my favourite beer. Loool to be honest beer tastes the same to me.

- Also whoever recommended tennants is just wrong. Saw it in this thread above thought id get some tennant super brew tonight %9 alc volume and it tastes Vile. Its literally like drinking vodka.. all you can taste is the alcohol.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: October 10, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.