Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Favourite Beers

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Tennent's super tastes vile because it's tramp juice , the same as Carlsberg special brew. Basically the lager equivalent of White lightning. The only purpose is to provide more alcohol for less money, usually 4.5 units a can. Certainly an acquired taste. I haven't tried it but I'm sure a standard Tennent's is a reasonable lager.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    god you guys know nothing about beers..

Duvel is by far the best.
    Pure belgian beer.

i'd know what's good beer.. i'm belgian.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishes.are.cold)
    god you guys know nothing about beers..

Duvel is by far the best.
    Pure belgian beer.

i'd know what's good beer.. i'm belgian.
    I was the first to claim Duvel :hand:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    I was the first to claim Duvel :hand:
    ;D you have taste then.

duvel is good.
    • 4 followers

Duvel's a good shout. Definitely among the best beers easily available in the UK; i.e. stocked by supermarkets and a fair few bars. The Belgians make better beer than Duvel, mind you. Sadly, the only Belgian beers you really see are Leffe and Hoegaarden (ruined by InBev). It's a shame because Belgium is one of the few countries whose brewing heritage matches our own - not that we pay attention to it, as this thread proves.

If anyone ever visits Brussels - stop off at Delirium Café, Les Halles Saint-Gery, Mappa Mundo...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    desperados beer is outrageously good....
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hmm.

Can't really decide.
    I lke Abbott, London Pride and Borg, though.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I prefer lager and in a pub I'd order a pint in this order of preference: Peroni, Kronenburg, Heineken, Stella, Budweiser. If none of those are on I'll just get Tennent's or something.

If im drinking bottled beer at home I like Desperado, Peroni, Corona, Red Stipe (underrated), Stella, Brahma, Sol, Cobra, Budweiser. If im feeling it I'll buy Leffe Blond (cant drink a lot because its pretty sweet, and strong) or Budvar.

I'm not that fussy tbh but I do like all of those idividually. I'm also a thief.....

From left to right: Guinness, Strongbow, Carlsberg, Heineken, Peroni, limited edition Hugh Tennent's glass, Stella Artois (I also had a Stella goblet but my mum brokeded it ), Kronenburg Blanc, Fosters.
    Attached Thumbnails
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00028-20110507-1100.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	139.1 KB 
ID:	100833  
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ollymo)
    Tennent's super tastes vile because it's tramp juice , the same as Carlsberg special brew. Basically the lager equivalent of White lightning. The only purpose is to provide more alcohol for less money, usually 4.5 units a can. Certainly an acquired taste. I haven't tried it but I'm sure a standard Tennent's is a reasonable lager.
    haha spot on with the tramps juice comment. its disgusting.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The only use for Super Tennents/Special Brew is for when you're taking drinks to a festival by public transport (meaning you don't have a car to put crates of beer in) and want something that'll get you drunk quickly. However, vodka is probably a better idea.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Super Tennent's is disgusting. You can make a half and half shandy with it and it tastes like a full pint with a dash of lemonade :p:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    In no particular order

Red Stripe
    Budweiser
    Tiger
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    San Miguel
    Carlsberg
    Peroni
    Bud
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by George Agdgdgwngo)
    Super Tennent's is disgusting. You can make a half and half shandy with it and it tastes like a full pint with a dash of lemonade :p:
    Or you can drink about 6 cans of normal lager then drink a couple super tennants and it generally tastes like a normal pint
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My local has just started an offer of 3 cans of red stripe for a fiver and having only vague (new years) memories of it before now it has definitely gone up in my estimations. Not as good as an English ale but for summer drinking it does hit the spot.

What's everyone's favourite beer for warm days in the sun?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    thought the thread said 'favorite BEARS'
    Disappointed... :P
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Kronenberg. < I think I've spelt that wrong.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like Tiger, Desperado's and Bud. San Miguel was what started it all for me =D
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Budweiser anyday

Also Fosters, Corona & Desperado.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hoegaarden

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 10, 2012
New on TSR

THE world university rankings 2014-2015 revealed

Will they affect your uni choices?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.