The Student Room Group

Favourite Beers

Scroll to see replies

cant beat a nice ale such as doom bar.
local at uni has woodfordes wherry which is good
st austell proper job is far superior to tribute imo too...
other than that i just go for whichever beer on tap has the best sounding name (which usually makes it ok) :P
Reply 121
Eight mature beef, the best is more tender.
Desperados
Guiness
Kölsch
Berliner Weiße
Original post by hannah_dru
Weissbier
Becks
Löwenbräu
Spaeten

I am surprised that German beer is that popular in England.

Try Berliner Weiße. It is Hefebier (Weißbier) with rasberry.
Reply 124
Original post by Cynthi007

Astra. :colone:
Reply 125
I don't know. Tuborg? Hoegaarden? I'm not a beer aficionado.

I don't think it's that popular, the only one I've seen sold in quite a few places is Becks. I just go looking for all the German beer :biggrin:
I don't think it's that popular, the only one I've seen sold in quite a few places is Becks. I just go looking for all the German beer :biggrin:

I referred to the answers in the thread. that is why I thought it must be popular. but I would never ask for a German beer in a pub. :smile: they would kick me out off it.
Peroni Nastro Azzurro
Sagres
Coors
I referred to the answers in the thread. that is why I thought it must be popular. but I would never ask for a German beer in a pub. :smile: they would kick me out off it.

Ah I see :smile: I ask for it all the time!
Ah I see :smile: I ask for it all the time!

really? You never got into trouble because of that?

maybe there is a difference between a native speaker asking for German beer or a foreigner asking for it. possibility one can be positive because you are open-minded and try different things. but possibility two is negatively connotated as the nasty German, refusing to adapt or accept different culture.
really? You never got into trouble because of that?

maybe there is a difference between a native speaker asking for German beer or a foreigner asking for it. possibility one can be positive because you are open-minded and try different things. but possibility two is negatively connotated as the nasty German, refusing to adapt or accept different culture.

No, I just usually get asked if I'm German :biggrin:

That's true, but I think it also shows that you're aware of your own culture. I know that I'm very British (not when it comes to beer though).
No, I just usually get asked if I'm German :biggrin:

That's true, but I think it also shows that you're aware of your own culture. I know that I'm very British (not when it comes to beer though).

ok. let´s find out. :biggrin:

1.) do you like tea?
2.) do you like gossip?
3.) weather talk?
4.) no shaking hands?
5.) do you say "bless me " before sneezing?
6.) do you leave a rest on your plate or water in your glass after eating/ drinking in a friend´s house?
7.) do you refer to a prof by his first name?

more than 3 times yes --> British.

more than 5 --> very British

7 --> Queen Mum?
(edited 12 years ago)
ok. let´s find out. :biggrin:

1.) do you like tea?
2.) do you like gossip?
3.) weather talk?
4.) shaking hands?
5.) do you say "bless me " before sneezing?
6.) do you leave a rest on your plate or water in your glass after eating/ drinking?
7.) do you refer to a prof by his first name?

more than 3 times yes --> British.

more than 5 --> very British

7 --> Queen Mum?

Hah, brilliant!! I like your sense of humour. In that case I'm British :wink: Thankfully not the Queen Mum!
Reply 134
Erdinger, or any other nice weissbier, don't mind a nice pint of mythos in the sun as well.
(edited 12 years ago)
Hah, brilliant!! I like your sense of humour. In that case I'm British :wink: Thankfully not the Queen Mum!

Cool. Now you know. :smile:

my personal social studies about Britishness will continue this summer.

see, the answer above also included German beer. How could they? high treason. :biggrin: I vote for Guiness just because people tend to like things they don´t get here a lot more.

oh, stupid me, I recognised a mistake in my questionary. they don´t shake hands. :banghead:

:bunny: oh wow. amazing. there are dancing bunnies among the smilies. :bunny: I want my bunnies to dance, too. No more food if the refuse dancing. :smile:
Reply 136
Heineken, by far.

Hence starting the Heineken project!
Reply 137
However, Whiskey > Beer.

Discuss.
Reply 138
Original post by Maxh
However, Whiskey > Beer.

Discuss.

Hard to compare, as they serve entirely different functions. You wouldn't sit in a beer garden on a sunny day drinking a shot of single malt would you?
Reply 139
Best non-alcoholic beer?

Quick Reply

Latest