The Student Room Group

OCR chemistry A grade boundaries, confused me

Hi there,

Could someone please explain grade boundaries for this subject? seriously confusing me because im hearing different things from everyone, my teacher says overall grade A is 75% which is weird because biology and maths are both 80% 480/600 UMS if u will. But my chemistry teacher is saying they have lowered it from 80% is this true? tried looking through ocr website but wasnt there. So thanks for the help
It's possible your teacher was talking about raw marks rather than UMS.
There used to be a sticky that explained all of this, but I can't seem to find it. I'll link you it if I do though :smile:
Original post by Soloman
Hi there,

Could someone please explain grade boundaries for this subject? seriously confusing me because im hearing different things from everyone, my teacher says overall grade A is 75% which is weird because biology and maths are both 80% 480/600 UMS if u will. But my chemistry teacher is saying they have lowered it from 80% is this true? tried looking through ocr website but wasnt there. So thanks for the help

You should aim for 80% if you are trying to get an A. The grade boundaries change dependent on how well/bad the students do. So if you stick to 80% raw marks for an A then you should be ok. Some grade boundaries for exam papers are extremely low though, like 60%.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending