The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Did you give them your real name and address?
Reply 2
You're going to jail mate.
Reply 3
No it's not a criminal record, stop worrying. They won't record it as a criminal offence, a fine is enough.
Reply 4
Original post by kotherxox
Does that mean i have a CRIMINAL record for life???!!

Nah you wont have a criminal record, this is dealt with by the traffic authorities not the police, you'll just have to pay up this time and hope you don't get caught next time :wink:
Reply 5
Original post by VaVe

Yes I did, :/
Reply 6
Don't worry, you will only get a 6 month stretch :smile:
Reply 7
How did they know your 16?
Reply 8
Same thing happened to me one day, haha paid for a child ticket when I was 17! Me and some friends got chucked out in the middle of nowhere. Luckily my friend had enough change so we were ok :biggrin: haha it was terrifying tho!!

As for your "Problem" a fine is a fine. That's it. Haha you don't have to worry about it :P it's not gonna affect your UCAS.
Reply 9
Yes I did, :/

Then they'll probably send you a letter demanding a fine, probably easier to just pay it rather than the hassle you will get if you don't.
Okay so today i paid for a child day saver and got caught by the nasty bus inspectors :frown: am 16- so they took me out and entered some details about me and said that i have to ay £25!!!!! Does that mean i have a CRIMINAL record for life???!! I have not done anything bad before, am good... what do you think they will do :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

lol.
i guess you are not very safe then, very naughty. Even though i got away with getting into england without a passport. You couldn't manage a bus? Pathetic. But you will be fine, don't worry. Its just a fine.
Original post by VaVe

You do realise they ring up and enter the details in a system....
Reply 13
Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude
You do realise they ring up and enter the details in a system....

I'm not 100% familiar with it because I just buy valid tickets.
My question here really is that is there anyway for them to know that you are lying? If they call the number you give them and there is no answer then no one is home. If they can find out who lives at the address you give and the name doesn't match then you are simply staying with relatives who don't have the same name.
Original post by VaVe
I'm not 100% familiar with it because I just buy valid tickets.
My question here really is that is there anyway for them to know that you are lying? If they call the number you give them and there is no answer then no one is home. If they can find out who lives at the address you give and the name doesn't match then you are simply staying with relatives who don't have the same name.

Put it this way...

What are the chances that you instantly think of an address/fake name/number without hesitating or making it look like you're lying..

And if you do manage to do that, you then have to worry even more, because they call up someone to clarify who lives at the address...
Reply 15
I would be so tempted to refuse to give them my name and address.
You'd just have to hope that no one is home.
Reply 16
Hiya, I got caught on the bus by a ticket inspector, however they ask for my id if I had any with me, which I did (my previous work ID) and ask if I have my driving licence, and I said no so he took my name down, and asked for my date of birth, but I gave him a wrong date of birth and a wrong address and he rang someone up find out but seem the person couldn't find it cos he took longer than usual but I told I need to get off my destination now and he said okay, came out with me printed a card and said I can either pay it now £40 or pay online.which I didn't. Now nlt sure if I should pay because the only information right he has about me is my name and I am not the only one baring that name in this country. Any advice pls??
Reply 18
Okay so today i paid for a child day saver and got caught by the nasty bus inspectors :frown: am 16- so they took me out and entered some details about me and said that i have to ay £25!!!!! Does that mean i have a CRIMINAL record for life???!! I have not done anything bad before, am good... what do you think they will do :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

This is still a crime its fraudulent.
And theft you should be ashamed of your self pay your way like everyone else
Reply 19
it's ridiclous how much the fine has increased in 8 years, it's now 40 quid

I remember back in the day it was a fiver :angry:

never been caught for fare skipping on any public transport though, although once i came close and was about to get written up but his machine died [batteries] :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)

Latest