The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
a boy in my school called shu also known as extricated on tsr is going to fail his gcse'z as well....thts all I want to say LOL! :colone:

ps: get some tips 4rm im so academic...heard she got 40a*'s!!! is tht even possible...EH!
Reply 21
Wait till you get on to A-Levels........................ :emo:
It's actually rediculous how many of you have said "they're only gcses". That's such a stupid thing to say. You can't get into a good collage or sixth form if you don't get c's or above so of course gcses are important, they start your life and career path
Reply 23
Original post by natashaellenx

OP posted this at around the same time I did my GCSEs. I'm now an undergraduate.

... yup, the thread is that old :colone:
Original post by Exon
OP posted this at around the same time I did my GCSEs. I'm now an undergraduate.

Haha

Original post by Mr.Messy
Wait till you get on to A-Levels........................ :emo:

OP probably is in uni by now like Exon
Reply 25
i like you
you dont make me work i dont want to revise im lazy and busy
so i dont wanna revise
the only ones i actually think i need to revise for are physics chemistry and spanish and french i think all the others i will be okay with i get A's in most of the other subjects without reviseing but i get E's in chemistry which is because my teacher is so awful he cannot teach to save his life and its frankly unfair on me and my future
Honestly the best way to revise, despite what teachers tell you, is to do as many practice essays and exams as you can. Particularly with essay subjects, I have always found that it's best to write an essay for every scenario with your notes, which does take a lot of time but this significantly reduces the amount you have to revise from. Learn from your own essays, memorise them but also learn how to adapt the same points for the essay question.
Reply 27
Original post by heyimashee
i like you
you dont make me work i dont want to revise im lazy and busy
so i dont wanna revise
the only ones i actually think i need to revise for are physics chemistry and spanish and french i think all the others i will be okay with i get A's in most of the other subjects without reviseing but i get E's in chemistry which is because my teacher is so awful he cannot teach to save his life and its frankly unfair on me and my future

Original post by Monkeycheckbook
Honestly the best way to revise, despite what teachers tell you, is to do as many practice essays and exams as you can. Particularly with essay subjects, I have always found that it's best to write an essay for every scenario with your notes, which does take a lot of time but this significantly reduces the amount you have to revise from. Learn from your own essays, memorise them but also learn how to adapt the same points for the essay question.

Original post by ElGenioEstúpido
Haha

OP probably is in uni by now like Exon

:ditto:
This thread is like a million years old. Don't bother posting on this.
Original post by Spacey368
:ditto:
This thread is like a million years old. Don't bother posting on this.

Oh man I never thought to look at the date :P
Reply 29
i haven't revised any thing but still passed
Reply 30
in A levels it didn't work! so if i were you i would revise as it would be much much easier to handle your A levels.
Original post by hanah124
i haven't revised any thing but still passed

Yeah, while I understand that GCSEs are important, I had absolutely no idea how much people obsess over them until I joined TSR. Due to circumstance I have 5 GCSEs, one of which was art. So I had 4 normal exams to sit. I only revised for maths and the poetry part of english. Not only did I not really know how to revise, I also didn't feel as much pressure as most people seem to. The threads like "it's February, is it too late to revise?" and such are completely alien to me.
Original post by Exon

Time went flying!
Reply 33
Original post by AngelPhys
Time went flying!

Damn right.
Original post by Exon
Damn right.

Next thing you know it, we'll all be old and dyeing. Jk, lol.
Hey, I'm a year 10 student and I find that past papers are the most effective way to revise. This is because there is likelihood that the same paper may be the actual exam when it comes to it. Also, taking loads of notes in lessons and spider diagrams/mind maps help you remember the things, and also increases your neurone paths in your brain, allowing you to increase the quantity of memory space.
I'm looking to study medicine, and I had only recently started to knuckle down (end of year 9). As long as your willing to do well, you will do well. Its all about self motivation and confidence. Walk into that exam thinking your going to pass it, and believe me, you will! Good luck
I have 18 days until my first exam. I thought I revised in Easter but only today realised I know nothing. I'm having a breakdown,
I cry every time I work and can't stop shaking. I get annoyed when peope say relax it's fine to get C's but it's not fine to get C's let's face it. I expect A and A*s so does my school and family. There's no way I can get that with 18 days and no knowledge. I dont know what to do I can't find any good advise. Please help!!!!!!
Original post by bethambitious
I'm scared I'm going to fail my GCSEs?

I'm really scared. I just had two weeks off school and I don't think I utilized it properly, I did some revision, but not as much as I should've. I went back to school on Tuesday, and basically have 5 days left of school until my first exam on May 16th. Do you think that's enough time for me to get back on track? I mean I'm not worried because I haven't learnt ANYTHING, I do listen and work hard in all my classes but I just haven't gone over everything. My main concerns are english lang/lit and additional science.

So can I just have your thoughts, is anyone else going through the same thing?

Do you have any tips on how I can focus?

Thanks

P.S. It is now 5pm, so don't worry, I'm logging out to revise for 5 hours lol.

Don't worry about English Lang/lit. Honestly. For English lit make a list if important themes in the book and find quotes to match them. Also find quotes for characters regarding their personality.

Additional science us basically a memory game. Like core science,Read the revision books over and over again. And practice past papers.
Listen, if you're that worried about GCSEs reconsider carefully about Alevels. Because compared to GCSEs, a levels is no joke.
Good luck, I'm sure you'll do fine. Most people pass GCSEs. You're doing additional science for goodness sake! You're a smart kid.
(edited 9 years ago)
Don't worry I'm terrible at everything but got 11 A*s you'll fly through it

Latest

Trending

Trending