The Student Room Group

Are we all slaves to society?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by slavetosociety

So are we but slaves to society unless one makes an effort to break through the herd?

No. Slave has quite a specific meaning, which does not encompass the various gripes and dissatisfactions you have identified with modern society.

And while there are issues within modern society, if the average person from 1500 was to see the average person in 2015, they would think the 2015er lived in the lap of luxury, that they lived in a fantasy world of comfort and ease

It's all about perspective. When I think about an ancient Roman slave, a 15 or 16 year old lad or girl who had to let their revolting middle-aged master **** them, and then work all day in the kitchen, that is what slavery makes me think of. Not having a few inconsequential complaints about modern society's expectations
People are slaves to authority.
Reply 22
Very good points and i agree with your comment 100%. We are born without choice, grow up playing and having fun, and then all of sudden we have to become these worker ants. Put all the fun things we like to do away and concentrate our whole time on work. And i got trapped in all the fun without thinking of my future. Now i am stuck working **** jobs i hate. I am 36 and have to work two jobs to get by because i slacked off even though i had debts. I am screwed unless a miracle happens.
Reply 23
Original post by Wodeford
The illuminati :L

A secret society does exist, Illuminati, Illuminati,ti,ti,ti,ti
Reply 24
Vote for an anti-immigration party. Then you can name your price. Otherwise the employers can just bring in people from outside the country to work for sub-european wages.
Hell yeah bruh babylon constantly putting me down, one day the proletariat will rise to save the world.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending